Ideas For Wii Cake

Decorating By MissyTex Updated 19 Jun 2012 , 2:56am by Smalling

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 5

I am wanting to make a Wii theme cake for my friends son, specifically wanted to make the Wii controller. Cake is for this Saturday. I baked a 9 x 13 (one cake mix) and was going to cut it in half length-wise, stack the two halves, frost and decorate to look like the controller. But that will not be enough cake. They need at least 25 servings. I also want to incorporate the game cover. His favorite game is Super Mario Galaxy. I have already made a chocolate rectangle plaque for this and am going to put a pic of the game cover on it. These are the only elements I have in mind, the controller and the chocolate plaque game cover. I dont want to make the Wii box, as it stands upright, and I just cant accomplish that in cake. Im looking for suggestions on something else to do to get more servings. I dont want to just put the controller on a sheet cake. I wanted something more creative, so Im seeking ideas from my creative CC friends. Thanks for any ideas!

4 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 5

Why don't you make two or three small cakes and different game covers for each one? Then stack them, or place them next to each other with the controller.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 5

We have a Wii, and I'm sitting here looking at it right now.

Although it usually sits upright, it does have small rubber feet so you can lay it down if you choose to - so if you want to do it, you can.

My suggestion would be to make the main box laying down, and a contoller beside it (and a nunchuk hooked up to it as well, if you're game).

At least it's all white, with only blue and light gray accents! icon_wink.gif

ambrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambrat Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 5

I would do another controller. Good luck.

Smalling Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smalling Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 2:56am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyTex

I am wanting to make a Wii theme cake for my friends son, specifically wanted to make the Wii controller. Cake is for this Saturday. I baked a 9 x 13 (one cake mix) and was going to cut it in half length-wise, stack the two halves, frost and decorate to look like the controller. But that will not be enough cake. They need at least 25 servings. I also want to incorporate the game cover. His favorite game is Super Mario Galaxy. I have already made a chocolate rectangle plaque for this and am going to put a pic of the game cover on it. These are the only elements I have in mind, the controller and the chocolate plaque game cover. I dont want to make the Wii box, as it stands upright, and I just cant accomplish that in cake. Im looking for suggestions on something else to do to get more servings. I dont want to just put the controller on a sheet cake. I wanted something more creative, so Im seeking ideas from my creative CC friends. Thanks for any ideas!

Wii Gun
Wii Accessory
Video games accessories

Probably or just google it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%