Can I Pull This Off?

Decorating By jovigirl Updated 12 Nov 2009 , 1:53pm by jovigirl

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 3:48am
post #1 of 6

My husbands aunt is getting married next june & has asked me if I could make their cake, I do not do this for a living only for hobby, now it looks like she wants a 3 tier cake vanilla cake with fresh flowers. coverered in white BC, now the kicker is the wedding is about a 4 1/2 hour drive...
My questions are if I'm doing 3 tiers to feed 100 people what sizes would I have to do, also do you think I can transport 3 tiers covered in BC for 5hrs with out it melting in the summer?

Thanks for all your help, i'd really like to do this cake, but I'm not too sure I can pull it off.

Thanks again

5 replies
love2makecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2makecakes Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 3:52am
post #2 of 6

Just look on the wilton cake chart or earlenes cake chart to determine the size tiers.

Yes, as long as you have a well supported cake you can make the drive. I have driven about that far before in a hot humid midwest air in August and made it fine. Just kept the ac cranked the whole time. I was freezing, but so was the cake icon_wink.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 4:01am
post #3 of 6

You can definately do it. A 6/9/12 round serves 100. I would suggest assembling after delivery.

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 4:26am
post #4 of 6

I would second the notion of assembling after delivery too. Much less chance of something happening.

indydebi has a recipe on here for buttercream that she says will stand up to lots of heat! icon_smile.gif

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 9:26am
post #5 of 6

I agree w/assembling after delivery! Put the support in after you get there, then if it settles your posts will be the right length.

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 1:53pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you everyone for your support! I was really weiry about doing this but feel much better now ;o)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%