Anythng A Must-See In Philadelphia?

Lounge By KristyCakes Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 10:19pm by mightydragon663

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 9

We are planning a very short trip to Philadelphia. Wanted to see if anyone has suggestions of "must-see" places in the area... Our children are 7.5 & 4.5... So far, we are thinking The Franklin Institute, Constitution Hall, The Terminal Market and Pat's. Thank you so much!

8 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 1:34am
post #2 of 9

Those sound good. If the weather is nice, you could take a horse and carriage and have it drive you around to the historic sites. My husband works on Walnut St. and there is good shopping there.

KristyCakes Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks Michelle! My daughter will be in heaven...

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 9

DH and I were in Philly last year. The liberty bell is a must see. I was a bit disappointed with Constitutional Hall. There just wasn't much to it. Loved Reading Terminal market. We didn't get a chance to go to the Franklin Institute, but it is on my list for my next visit. Betsy Ross's house and Ben Franklin's grave are there also and may be interesting for the kids
There was also a really cool old prison, though it may not be appropriate for children. So, you might want to look that up before going there.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 9

We enjoyed Betsy Ross's house, also a favorite for us is Christ Church very historic. Founded in 1695.

KristyCakes Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 2:27pm
post #6 of 9

Thank you all so much for the wonderful ideas! Just returned from our short visit. Certainly not enough time for us to do everything. We managed to see the Liberty Bell, took the carriage ride, took a Duck tour - which I've never done, and was a hit with the little ones - visited Ben Franklin's grave and hit the market. I really appreciated your advice and hope to hit the rest on our next trip!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 2:33pm
post #7 of 9

Glad you had a good time.

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 6:53pm
post #8 of 9

If you have time I would recommend Valley Forge. They have a beautiful chapel there with stained glass windows depicting revolutionary war scenes...stunning...also the chapel has an extensive carrillon..with a bell for each state...we rang the heck out of our state!!!

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 10:19pm
post #9 of 9

Glad you guys had a great time. I totally forgot about the duck tours!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%