Contract For Renting A Commercial Kitchen

Business By love2stich Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 1:06am by konagirl

love2stich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2stich Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 3

For those of you that rent commercial kitchens (I am looking to rent one on a part time basis) would you mind sharing the contract that you used with your landlord? I was talking with one of my advisors and she thought it would be great to see the wording that has gone into others contracts. (not the names or private info... just the meat & potatoes)

What was left out that you wish hadn't been?
What would you change if you could?

I am approaching a locally owned business about renting their kitchen in the evenings when they are closed; and before I have my attorney draft something I would like to have others perspective & input.

I really appreciate all your thoughts and support!! Starting a food business is much harder than most people understand!

Amanda

2 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 12:25pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2stich

For those of you that rent commercial kitchens (I am looking to rent one on a part time basis) would you mind sharing the contract that you used with your landlord? I was talking with one of my advisors and she thought it would be great to see the wording that has gone into others contracts. (not the names or private info... just the meat & potatoes)

What was left out that you wish hadn't been?
What would you change if you could?

I am approaching a locally owned business about renting their kitchen in the evenings when they are closed; and before I have my attorney draft something I would like to have others perspective & input.

I really appreciate all your thoughts and support!! Starting a food business is much harder than most people understand!

Amanda

I don't rent a kitchen or anything, although I wish I could find one in my area to rent.

I tried to find some contracts on the internet for you, but wasn't successful. But I did find a rental kitchen that has some FAQ on it. I thought they might help you think of things that you want to address in the contract.

Hope this helps.

http://www.capitalskitchen.com/faq.php

konagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
konagirl Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 1:06am
post #3 of 3

I don't have my contract handy, but one of the items I'm really glad is in there is that the landlord has to give me 60 days notice if she decides to stop renting out the kitchen.

That helps ensure I won't be left in a lurch and will have some time to find another facility if she closes the kitchen down.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%