Disco Dust???

Decorating By therese379 Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 6:54pm by therese379

therese379 Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 11

I received disco dust from GSA, now I've seen all the talented decorator's
using this.. Is there a trick??? How much vodka do I use?? Does it always go sticky??How do I get the result's like DUFF and CARLOS... Any help would be great.. I'm new to all this.... icon_biggrin.gificon_cry.gificon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
crazydoglady Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 11

how did you want to use it?
were you going to sprinkle it all over the cake or use it to enhance decorations or ?
i like the disco dust!

therese379 Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 11

I wanted to paint on cakes, simple designs.. to look like a solid color..

Teekakes Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:08am
post #4 of 11

I dampen the area I want the disco dust to be on. Take a dry paintbrush and dab the dry disco dust onto the dampened area. If you need the dust to be thicker LIGHTLY mist the already applied dust with vodka and dab on another layer of the disco dust. Repeat until it is the depth of color and sparkle you wish it to be. Some gp and fondant pieces can be dipped into the dust, but on buttercream I use the described method. icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:18am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

I dampen the area I want the disco dust to be on. Take a dry paintbrush and dab the dry disco dust onto the dampened area. If you need the dust to be thicker LIGHTLY mist the already applied dust with vodka and dab on another layer of the disco dust. Repeat until it is the depth of color and sparkle you wish it to be. Some gp and fondant pieces can be dipped into the dust, but on buttercream I use the described method. icon_smile.gif

Yup!..im with her!...Hi lea!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

kello Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:28am
post #6 of 11

When I used it, I had to let it dry between coats to get it all covered with the glitter. I found it a bit difficult to work with, but I loved the outcome!

Teekakes Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:44am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Yup!..im with her!...Hi lea!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Edna!! icon_biggrin.gif Speaking of YOU, did you know there is a "Divorce Cakes" email floating around with YOU in it! You are posing next to a divorce cake you created! The email is hilarious! icon_lol.gif I'll send it to you if you want me to!

tonedna Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:55am
post #8 of 11

What???...I never did a divorce cake that I know off!...lol..Now I have to see it! Thats odd!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 1:42am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

What???...I never did a divorce cake that I know off!...lol..Now I have to see it! Thats odd!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Well I think it is you! icon_confused.gif I'll send it to you right now! Let me know! icon_lol.gif

crazydoglady Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 2:19am
post #10 of 11

the disco dust is pretty mixed into gelatin used to make flowers, butterflies etc.

therese379 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 6:54pm
post #11 of 11

thanks to you all for all the help.. GREAT icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%