Little Thief

Lounge By alvarezmom Updated 14 Nov 2009 , 3:27am by FloraFlora

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 49

This past weekend I had my cell phone stolen from my purse. I used it once while I was at this popular breakfast place. I put it back in my purse, and about 45 minutes later I realized it was gone.

My DH called my phone from his thinking I just dropped it in the truck. NOTHING!!! I called the non-emergency police line to make a report. After I make the report I called my phone one last time just to verify what I already knew. Low and behold a young guy answers. He;s telling me it's his phone and going on about it. I hang up on him and my DH calls back. He tells DH he will meet at a store to give the phone back. Ok GREAT!!!

Well my SIL calls DH and wants to know if I'm with him? DH says yes and asks why? SIL tells DH that I am sending NASTY text messages to her. DH fills SIL in on what is going on. After that I decided to turn my phone off because this person has no intentions on giving my phone back if he is playing these games.

About 20 minutes after I have service cut off my DH receives two restriced calls. We dont answer. Then he receives a text message from an out of area number. I hand DH the phone and he hands it back to me. He tells me "it's for you". I'm a little taken back but okay.

The Dumby who stole my phone texts us and wants to know WHY we cut the phone off??? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif Really??? I tell him I knew he had no intentions of returning my phone so I had the phone turned off, I notified the police of his #, and the fact he was sending nasty and harassing text messages to ppl in my contact list. He never responds.

So Monday I'm getting mad because I dont have my phone. I made 3 cakes this past weekend and didnt have the chance to upload the photos. I took my son's phone and I decided to text the loser. I mean it's not like he can call the cops on me and tell them I'm texting him...What's he going to say "Excuse me officer the lady who's phone I stole is texting me"?

So I sent him a text message saying "Morning Loser"! Yes, he responds back! Doesnt realize it's me. I googled the number that he sent the text message from and guess what??? His Myspace, Face Book, Classmates, and Twitter profiles show up ALONG with PICTURES!!!! thumbs_up.gif I now have a picture of the punk and know what HS he attended. I have his mother's name-address-telephone #, and his DOB! icon_cool.gif I should be a PI! icon_lol.gif

I went to AT&T white pages, typed in his last name, city and state. LOL icon_cool.gif Three matches popped up. The 1st listing was a dead end but the 2nd one was a HIT!!! icon_lol.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif It was his great uncle! Very nice man. Told me allot about the kid.

I hate thieves!!! I texed the punk who stole my phone with the info. I got and after 3 hours of asking "who is this" he finally realized who I was. He then texts me that I have no prrof that he stole my phone, he tells me he will SELL me my own phone back for $150.00!!!

Now I get to sit back with all the text messages and wait for a Detective to call me back!

48 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 49

Wow! Goes to show, you can't fix stupid! Doh! Pollution of the gene pool!

alvarezmom Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 49

Nope I guess you cant! The guy's name is Justin and he's 22 yrs old. I even found the guys website. He's trying to be a music producer!

I stopped responding to him when he told me I had to earn my phone back. After a couple of hours of silence he texts me some random question. I texted him back and say "Not now Justin I'm busy"! The freak responds back "busy doing what"?

totallycaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
totallycaked Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:48pm
post #4 of 49

Omg what a loser..... what a story... I just can't believe how stupid this kid is.... karma, my friend, I believe in karma!

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:55pm
post #5 of 49

LMAO, doesn't he realize he totally gave himself up by admitting his guilt in an text that you will ultimately show the police? Has this guy ever heard of caller ID?? Way to go in being proactive and trying to get your phone back.

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:57pm
post #6 of 49

Be careful that he doesn't destroy the phone before you get it back. Or worse, he finds out where you live.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:58pm
post #7 of 49

LOL!!!!! This is a really scary story. Think about it. He's 22 & wants to be a music producer. Do you know how many 22 year old wanna be music producers there are?! These are the idiots that may be in charge one day. So now you got him for threats (To your sister w/ the mean texting), thef, and extortion. I LOVE IT! Press charges to the fullest and cry a lot while it's going on so they really want to slam him. this also could be a very funny story. icon_biggrin.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:59pm
post #8 of 49

Wow, he's just straight "Stuck on Stupid" thumbsdown.gif

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:00pm
post #9 of 49

LOL- all I can do is laugh, I have a cousin that I can so see doing something like this.....Ha ha - I would do the same thing you have been doing....it's amazing how far you've got with him.....no sense of respect obviously for anyone and no fear of getting in trouble....ah, scary to think of what this world is coming to!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:01pm
post #10 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Wow! Goes to show, you can't fix stupid! Doh! Pollution of the gene pool!

dunce.gif And I needed 3 attempts to properly spell fix!!!! Stupid keyboard. I can fix that! icon_lol.gif

Stefy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stefy Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:04pm
post #11 of 49

Great story but what does this have to do with cakes??

MaryAllison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAllison Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:04pm
post #12 of 49

Wow! I have to send this message to my brother!!! He just paid his last truck note and wouldn't you know it, the truck was stolen. Now he has been receiving harassing telephone calls, also. I hope that he'll be able to use your tips and find the loser in New Orleans that stole the truck!

Thanks so much for the information, again. Please wish us luck!!!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:06pm
post #13 of 49

yes please be careful you never know, he might have smarter friends wanting more, hope all ends well for you

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:06pm
post #14 of 49

OMG!!! the kid's brain probably doesn't work from using crack, meth or something....what a punk!! tell him you're gonna set up a MySpace account and publish the story icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
At this point you even know the family, LOL!!!! what a story...

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:07pm
post #15 of 49

Wow, that really is polluting the gene pool.
Do be careful but let us know what happens.

alvarezmom Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:09pm
post #16 of 49

This boy is really stupid!!! I found out more about him in 10 minutes just from him texting from his own cell phone.

I gave up all hope that I would get my cell phone back in one piece.

One minute he would be nice and say he would give my cell phone back and the next he was calling me a wetback! He was SCREAMING for attention!!! Not going to get it from me!

His Uncle said not to believe him. That he was a liar by nature. He said he has two other siblings and all of them are always in trouble. Uncle said his mom was a drug user and stole things. Uncle mentioned that the boy was in foster care and always up to something. I almost felt bad for him, but changed my mind when he started lying to me again.

He had the nerve to tell me that he owned the restaurant where he stole my phone from! I had to call him out on that. I know he is not the owner because I've known the owners since I was a teenager!

LaBellaFlor Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:17pm
post #17 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy

It happened to a fellow CAKEr. [/b]

alvarezmom Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:24pm
post #18 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy

I posted this to just share with my fellow CC'ers. General forum is for General discussions that dont fall into any specific categories.

But when it comes down to it my cell phone was stolen my a loser and in return I was not able to show off my three cakes that I had just finished the day before...

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:29pm
post #19 of 49

This is in the general area... it doesn't have to be about cake all the time. icon_wink.gif

Well with his own phone number the police should be able to send a car to pick him up. You are pressing charges I hope.
That he has cajones to steal from you and then to harass you about it is really appalling to me. This future generation has some real losers amongst the group.

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:43pm
post #20 of 49

This happened with my son's phone. It had fell out of his truck without him knowing and lost his phone. He decides to call his phone and a guy answers. He's real nice and says he will bring it by in a couple of hours, he says he lives in the neighborhood. My son waits and waits still no phone. I called the phone company to cancel the phone, and they suggest I wait that he'll probably return the phone. Well he doesn't and instead he has downloaded a game every couple of minutes, it added up to over 200 dollars. In the end we had to pay all of those charges, the phone company doesn't stand behind the advice that they gave me. It is so maddening when someone acts so nice and then does stuff like this, I really feel for you, there are alot of jerks out there.

MaryAllison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAllison Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:46pm
post #21 of 49

Thanks to this unexpected forum topic, I have found a very good lead that I just sent to my brother. He's contacting the police officer handling the case, now. The truck was stolen last Friday night and he's been waiting to hear news from the officer. As of yesterday, "we don't have any information," and that was AFTER my brother gave the phone number from which the calls were made.

Who knew that in less that 30 minutes, we were able to find so much information that may lead to the recovery of my brother's vehicle.

Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Please continue to pray for a positive outcome!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:47pm
post #22 of 49

You would make an excellent skip tracer if you were a bill collector!

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:51pm
post #23 of 49

Stories like this are relevant because the information shared can help others when something like this happens to them.

I would love to know how this turns out! I hope he has some consequences for this. Be safe!

alvarezmom Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:54pm
post #24 of 49

I'm hoping that something becomes of this because I basiclly did the Police's job. I did all the research myself. If anything can be done I'm going to make sure it get's done. At this point I know my phone is gone and all my pictures and info. All I want is the $50 I had to spend to buy a new phone and a new memory card.

cathyscakes-I have Verizon and they wont be charging me for anything that was done after my last phone call. I had to provide them with the # I called. I have no idea if he downloaded anything. I do know he was sending sexual text messages to several of my contacts. Just before my SIL called my DH's phone she called mine and he was telling her he was my boyfriend!

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 6:04pm
post #25 of 49

Interesting story....

However, I don't think calling the thief back or texting him with "Hey Loser" is being proactive about the whole situation. You say you didn't want to give him the attention, but in reality, you kind of did.

He's 22 years old...I mean, what could you expect? I don't mean to sound harsh, but this texting to him and name calling is child-ish. I would've just turned off my service on that phone and report a stolen phone and put it in a claim (assuming you have insurance on your phone plan).
But then again, it's just my opinion...

I hope this issue gets resolved quickly and that everything will be OK. You have to be careful nowadays- he could've easily found out your personal information by pretending to be you while texting your spouse or family.

LaBellaFlor Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 6:49pm
post #26 of 49

I'ld a text hime "Ya BIG loser".

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 7:02pm
post #27 of 49

This dude is as bad as the nasty skank woman who hit me - not my car, ME - in the parking lot of the grocery store last week then REFUSED to roll her window down so I could talk to her AND she fled the scene! I asked her FOUR times to roll her window down and STOP so I could talk to her and each time she shook her head and mouthed the word "NO" from inside her big giant black truck.

Could NOT believe that one! Got a partial on her license plate but not enough to track her down. Drat!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 7:55pm
post #28 of 49

Hopefully Austin PD is more motivated than SAPD.

My DH's identity was stolen. We made the police reports and then as the forged checks kept coming in, I started calling the businesses where they were written and got a description of the two men who were doing it, along with their license plate number and I tracked down a store owner who had a video of the guys forging a check with DH's name and a fake license in her store...she had it burned to DVD and was ready to mail it to SAPD. I called them with all of the info.

Months later, SAPD returned my call. By then I had already talked to a detective in the county where the checks were being written and gave him all the info that we had gathered. He had us fill out forgery affadavits and then he went and arrested the men, and found a ton of different identities and checks in their hotel room. He said the postal inspector and the state cops and the Secret Service were all interested in the guys he caught. That detective got promoted to working in the DA's office in his county. All that happened by the time that SAPD got around to calling me back.

alvarezmom Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 9:00pm
post #29 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babarooskie

Interesting story....

However, I don't think calling the thief back or texting him with "Hey Loser" is being proactive about the whole situation. You say you didn't want to give him the attention, but in reality, you kind of did.

He's 22 years old...I mean, what could you expect? I don't mean to sound harsh, but this texting to him and name calling is child-ish. I would've just turned off my service on that phone and report a stolen phone and put it in a claim (assuming you have insurance on your phone plan).
But then again, it's just my opinion...

I hope this issue gets resolved quickly and that everything will be OK. You have to be careful nowadays- he could've easily found out your personal information by pretending to be you while texting your spouse or family.

Not my best moment I'll agree...but it's my phone and if he was stupid enough to call me from his own phone then he gets what is coming to him.

I, however, expect allot from a 22 yr old. The 22 yr olds I know wouldnt do soemthing as stupid as steal a cell phone and then start texting the person from there own phones. Not very bright at all!!!

Thankfully he didnt try to pull anything else with my family members. I had my cell turned off in about 45 minutes after noticing it was gone and then talking with this guy. He might have been 22 but he acted like he was 12!

alvarezmom Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 9:03pm
post #30 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

This dude is as bad as the nasty skank woman who hit me - not my car, ME - in the parking lot of the grocery store last week then REFUSED to roll her window down so I could talk to her AND she fled the scene! I asked her FOUR times to roll her window down and STOP so I could talk to her and each time she shook her head and mouthed the word "NO" from inside her big giant black truck.

Could NOT believe that one! Got a partial on her license plate but not enough to track her down. Drat!

What? She HIT you? Oh I'd be in jail if some one laid a hand on me! Oh I hate ppl like that. They loce starting something and then when it comes time to lay them out they want to hide. Sounds like my Dh's ex wife!!! She used to do that to me all the time. She would run her mouth about me and about kicking my a** and when I would see her she wouldnt put her youngest kid (not with DH) down...that happened at a WalMart once.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%