How Can I Do This Logo? Plz Need Answers Fast!

Decorating By dawnstulee Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 11:04pm by __Jamie__

dawnstulee Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 9

[b]ok- i have a cake due sat. and need to make a monster truck cake but she wants the "Tailgator" truck. thing is, the logo(see pic) is on sides and tailgate and will have to be small. about 2 1/2" x 1" for tailgate. i do not have an edible printer, buttercream and RI would be to hard in a small sppace like that and i cannot freehand. going to be using fondantover truck. do not have purple or orange edible markers. i do have have lemon extract so i thought about painting, but isn't it too small and detailed for pin pricking? HELP plz!

http://www.truckinweb.com/webonly/0807trweb_4_wheel_jamboree/photo_42.html
LL
LL

8 replies
pieceacake830 Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 9

how about a fbct?

kakeladi Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 9

Personally I would do it NON-edible.
print out on paper and enclose in press-N-seal plastic wrap. Don't have PNS? then use regular plastic cling wrap.

__Jamie__ Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:06pm
post #4 of 9

Use the lightbox method. I explain it here: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-641963-.html

ddaigle Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 9

Can you find a local bakery or grocery store that will print the edible image up for you? You can always add the expense to the customer's invoice.

icingimages Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:43am
post #6 of 9

I would be glad to print it for you if you pay shipping.

KristyCakes Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:24pm
post #7 of 9

It's hard to freehand in a little spot like that, so what about freehanding on a little rectangle of fondant that you can just attach when you are done? This way you can easily re-do it if you need to...

niccicola Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 11:02pm
post #8 of 9

I would do a melted chocolate transfer. Similar to the Frozen buttercream, except you don't freeze it.

Works great!!

__Jamie__ Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 11:04pm
post #9 of 9

So, dawn...got lots of good ideas here. Did you ever see any of these responses? What did you end up doing, seeing as how cake is due tomorrow?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%