My Gumpaste Ornaments Fell Apart....what Did I Do Wrong?

Decorating By egensinnig Updated 11 Nov 2009 , 3:45pm by egensinnig

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 3

Yesterday I made beautiful christmas ornaments using ballons. I know this method is used with RI and thought it should work with gumpaste details glued together with RI as well. The first one came out perfect - I slowly realeased the air today and it's just the way I hoped. The second one just fell into pieces - why? Same gumpaste, ballons,RI, drying time and environment. I have two more that I will leave until tomorrow so they can dry a little bit more - I really hope that helps...I and will have to make a couple more tonight - should have thought about that yesterday.....

Has anyone used gumpaste on ballons or have any idea why I got this uneven result? I will try to attach a pic
LL
LL

2 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 3

I attach gumpaste pieces together with a glue made of gumpaste and water. It may be the RI is too fragile to hold the pieces together. A picture would be very helpful.

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTFundraiser

I attach gumpaste pieces together with a glue made of gumpaste and water. It may be the RI is too fragile to hold the pieces together. A picture would be very helpful.

Yes - you are probably right. The RI didn't work on the snowflake but on the holly leafs and they made a more even design so I didn't need to use as much RI. Will try again tonight with gumpaste glue then - what consistency should I be looking for?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%