Transfer Royal Icing Onto Fondant?

Decorating By mendhigurl Updated 11 Nov 2009 , 12:55am by letsgetcaking

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 2

I've piped royal icing onto acetate, and need to transfer it onto a cake. I want to transfer it onto fondant...has anyone done that? Is it possible? I am thinking I can push it into the fondant and peel off the acetate, and then perhaps go over it again? It's a very intricate design, so I'm not sure I want to re-pipe. Probably should have thought of this prior to piping with royal. If anyone has any suggestions, I could really use the help icon_smile.gif Thanks in advance.

1 reply
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 12:55am
post #2 of 2

Are you trying to transfer the icing while it is still wet? Will you be transferring it to a flat or curved surface? Is the acetate flexible? Once the royal icing is completely dry, you may be able to just peel off the acetate from the back and carefully attach the design to the fondant.

I've never transferred while wet, but if you let it dry, here is a good tutorial that may help you:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=648450&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

Just scroll down a little and you'll see the photo tutorial. Good luck! Please post more info if I haven't answered your question.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%