Color Blending

Baking By CookieO Updated 14 Nov 2009 , 5:32am by RachieRach

CookieO Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a good color blending chart for Americolors?

I have the short one on Americolors website but I'm looking for a more extensive color blending list. Hoping someone has a document saved of colors they have put together or a good one they have found online.

Any help would be much appreciated. TIA. (I dont sell, so this is not asked for use for that purpose. I only bake for family & friends, and a lot of grandbabies parties school events etc. lol.)

4 replies
CookieO Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:15am
post #2 of 5

I found a good start in the articles section. Another question however, please.

In the article it mentions that cream of tartar (or lemon, acid) in a icing recipe will affect icing colors. Do you all not use cream of tartar in RI if coloring certain colors for decorating? (I use antonia74 RI recipe.)

CookieO Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:32am
post #3 of 5

speaking of color, I have bright color hands....

Rec'd my pkg today with my set of Americolor Airbrush colors...they were packed in the box upside down & leaked out (dripping). WHAT a mess!

Thank goodness nothing else in the pkg got messed up.

I always wear gloves when working with colors, but not when opening pkg's. lol.

tatorchip Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:41am
post #4 of 5

I don't have the americolor airbrush colors but you could try to pm antonia74, she is very nice and has always answered my questions HTH

RachieRach Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 5:32am
post #5 of 5

I don't add cream of tartar to royal icing because it is already in the brand of meringue powder I use (Wilton). Sorry I don't have a color blending guide. I just buy tons of colors and then use trial and error. =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%