Need Help Asap -- Black Fondant!

Decorating By MammaG Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 6:11pm by AverageMom

MammaG Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 5

I had read that using chocolate fondant helped get black without having that black taste. I've put a lot of black in it, and it just looks like super dark brown. I can't go any farther until I get that. Any suggestions?

4 replies
sherrycanary62 Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 5:57pm
post #2 of 5

I made my own and it cake out black

MMF recipe...after the marshmallows are melted and BEFORE you add the ps...add black gel paste to the melted want enough to make the mixture black...when needing in the ps, it will turn a charcoaly color....but after letting rest it will become black. If you need it just for decorations...just make 1/2 batch of MMF.

2SchnauzerLady Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 5

MammaG: Have you let your fondant rest overnight? The black should develop while resting.

Cjusarmy Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 5

What I have done is that I have colored the fondant with the black and let it is for awhile. . then after everything is done I go over the black with a mitxure of the black gel and a little bit of vodka and paint the black on it to give it that dark black to it. . . Take a look at some of my pics like the fire helmet. Hope it helps,

AverageMom Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 5

The chocolate makes all the difference. I've made black MMF before, and I hated every minute of it. Let it rest overnight, and the colour will darken. If you are just using it for accents, but some premade black. Seriously. The stuff is horrid to make!

Quote by @%username% on %date%