How Many Cupcakes?

Business By flamingobaker Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 8:23pm by TexasSugar

flamingobaker Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 3

I am working up a proposal for cupcakes. It is for a Mardi Gras/Night at the Races type of event. About 200, all adults, much alcohol.

They are asking for several flavor combinations. I don't know how many to suggest, cupcakes are fairly new to me. I read that more flavors = people take more CC's and cupcakes themselves are conducive to people taking more than one. Do the all adult and the alcohol factors make any difference?

300? 400? I don't have their final budget yet, so that may decide for me, but I want to give a number.

2 replies
cylstrial Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 3

I'd recommend 2 per person.

TexasSugar Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 3

Since they are paying why not ask them how many cupcakes they want? They can decide if 200 is enough or if they want more than that. You can list out the price for 200, 300 and 400, and see what they want to pay as well.

I'd pretty much say that my cupcakes start at $2.00 for blah blah blah. So that would be $400 for 200 cupcakes, $600 for 300 cupcake and $800 for 400 cupcakes.

Of course I think I'd also offer a cake price just in case they decided they didn't want to really deal with that many cupcakes. And my cupcake price wouldn't be discounted any for the more they get. The more they get the more work it is on you. How long would it take you to bake 200, 300 or 400 cupcakes? Where would you store them all? How would you get them from your location to the location they need to be? How would you display the at the site?

Quote by @%username% on %date%