Do You Have Instructions On Cutting A Box To Transport Cakes

Decorating By Doughnut Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 5:31am by PinkZiab

Doughnut Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 11:50am
post #1 of 5

Hey Everyone!

Does anyone have instructions on how to cut a cardboard box so that it could be used to transport a large cake. I see how some of them open from the side and not the top.

I know that you can buy boxes that do that, but that is not convenient for me.

Thanks!

4 replies
Jeff_Arnett Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut

Hey Everyone!

Does anyone have instructions on how to cut a cardboard box so that it could be used to transport a large cake. I see how some of them open from the side and not the top.

I know that you can buy boxes that do that, but that is not convenient for me.

Thanks!

Just buy a clean, new box (not much largers than the diameter of the base so it can't possible move around), assemble and tape it securely top and bottom, then use a cardboard cutter to cut a "door" in the side. If my cake is heavy, I will cut an extra layer of cardboard for the bottom and place inside. I add a piece of the non-slip rubber mat, then put the cake inside and tape the sides back into place.

Since my cakes are in the cooler overnight before delivery, I place the box in the van about 15 minutes before leaving and run the AC to get the space good and cold. Once the cake is in the and the box taped up, it acts like insulation....I've driven as far as two hours in summer and my cakes still be solidly cold when I arrived...never had a problem!

Doughnut Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks Sherry and Jeff. Your info was very helpful.

PinkZiab Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 5:31am
post #5 of 5

I just turn a standard shipping box on its end, and use the flaps as the "door". No cutting necessary.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%