Glossy Cookie Icing

Baking By prettyplate Updated 11 Nov 2009 , 12:25pm by verono

prettyplate Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 6

I will be making cookies for my son's sixth birthday this week. I would like to use a glossy "royal icing" that I have seen on other websites. The icing is nice, smooth, and shiny. It is used to flood and for details such as writing. Can anyone tell me the name and give me a recipe?

5 replies
letsgetcaking Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 2:56am
post #2 of 6

It sounds like you're describing a glace icing. Here's a link to a recipe:

verono Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 3:50am
post #3 of 6

I'm using glace for outline and flooding.
RI for details.

prettyplate Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 9:51am
post #4 of 6

Thank you. I will try the glace. icon_biggrin.gif

didavista Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 10:55am
post #5 of 6

Does this recipe dry hard like royal icing does?

verono Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 12:25pm
post #6 of 6

No it doesn't, but you can stack cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%