How Do I Make This?

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 11:37am by cakebaker1957

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 7

Im to make fondant roots to come off a Cake topper that is a tree, its made of silver wires twisted on a agate base its 6x6 , They want roots cascading down to the second tier, I would like them to be like the tree , twisted ,Im pretty good with fondant , how can i attach them to the tree with out it looking different, Or would it be Ok for it to be a little different? Any ideals out there? Thanks for your help

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 7:25pm
post #2 of 7

If the cake is fondant covered, you can attach other fondant pieces with a little tylose mixed with water.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 7

That sounds like a pretty heavy topper. How much support did you plan to use under it?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cakebaker1957 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 8:37pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

That sounds like a pretty heavy topper. How much support did you plan to use under it?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

A lot, its going to sit on the 6in cake, and i talked to the Groom to be and the Bride to be and told them i hope it isnt real heavy, They are to bring it over and let me look at it

cakebaker1957 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 8:38pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

If the cake is fondant covered, you can attach other fondant pieces with a little tylose mixed with water.

Thats the bad thing, its going to be all BC

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 12:15am
post #6 of 7

Trace the base with parchment paper and attach it to the bottom with some 2-faced scotch tape, dust the top of the cake with some powdered sugar in that area. That will keep the parchment from sticking to the frosting.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cakebaker1957 Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 11:37am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Trace the base with parchment paper and attach it to the bottom with some 2-faced scotch tape, dust the top of the cake with some powdered sugar in that area. That will keep the parchment from sticking to the frosting.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Thanks, how many dowel rods, would you recommend to hold this thing up if its heavy? Im thinking 5-6. Placed right under the base

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%