Box Cake With 2 Layers, Need Ideas!!!

Decorating By Shades Updated 9 Nov 2009 , 10:43pm by Shades

Shades Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 5

Ok so i'm making a box cake for thanksgiving but i want something different and none original. I want something that will impress my relatives, i was thinking maybe like multi color leaves with yellow, red, and orange roses, but i want more to add to it and i don't know what else to add. HELP!!!

4 replies
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 5

I'm not sure what your asking for, but how about making a cournucopia made out of fondant with food falling out.

libs Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 5

Hi ya, im libby and im not too sure if i have it right when you say box cake, is it the same as a hat box but square. Well any way how about if you have the box cake with the lid partly opened at an angle with your fall leaves and roses in side between the lid but having the leaves cascading out and down the front of the box onto the cake board, and adding some more fall/ thanks giving themed things like pumpkins, acorns , cornucopia, maybe a decorative scarecrow in front of the box to one side, not really to sure what else you can do if its a box cake you want, or you could opt for decorating the sides of the box more so it looks like a thanks giving wrapping paper on it. hope this might give you some ides

LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 5

Duh! dunce.gif I get what your saying now. You know taking care of babies can drain you mentally right? You can definetly have foods and such coming out along with your flowers & leaves that represent the holiday. That would be so pretty.

Shades Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 10:43pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much everybody for your wonderful comments so far i will definitely take your ideas to mind!

Quote by @%username% on %date%