Stocking Stuffers For Bakers/cake Decorators

Decorating By aquamom Updated 9 Nov 2009 , 7:04pm by Texas_Rose

aquamom Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 8

Hi,

We'll be traveling for the holidays (by car) and I'd like to bring some stocking stuffers for the relatives. I think everyone bakes and could use a new baking/decorating toy in their stocking.

Ideas? So far I'm thinking small raised spatulas, maybe cake combs. Any other ideas.

Thanks,
Aquamom

7 replies
cupcakemkr Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 8

small cutters, I like the tins with different size cutters, animals, letters, numbers...I have found some good prices at TXMaxx and Homegoods

nicholle Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 8

Last year my DH filled my stocking with fun little things and my favorite is the bowl scraper from Wilton that is specially made for stand mixers. He also put a frosting/ cutting knife a little calandar (to keep track of cake orders) and the imprint roller all from Wilton.

pouchet82 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 8

icing tips, maybe some lorann flavors, cute cupcake wrappers. Another cute idea would be to layer all the dry ingredients to make sugar cookies in a mason jar, put a ribbon around the neck and attach instructions and a pretty cookie cutter

adree313 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 8

at michaels right now there are TONS of cute christmas baking items for great prices. cute spatulas, cookie lifters, cookie cutters, mini loaf pans, icings, cupcake wrappers, etc. that's definitely what i would get!

vagostino Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 7:01pm
post #6 of 8

One idea, you can buy an oven mitt and stuff it with the things, instead of a "Stocking". For me i would love cookie cutters, assorted sprinkles or colored sugars, maybe a gourmet flavoring that is unusual, spatulas, silpat...

sweettooth88 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 7:03pm
post #7 of 8

Yay! I am so glad OP you did this. My family and I love to bake and these are great ideas. I also thought of giving everyone small note pads to take decorating notes. We have also started a family Baking book, with recipes, notes, tips, and pictures. I cannot wait until Christmas.

Texas_Rose Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 7:04pm
post #8 of 8

If you're buying one item each for a group of bakers, it would be fun to give them all the same thing...maybe a small bottle of creme bouquet. Then later on everyone could compare what they'd used it in and how they liked it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%