Cake Central Magazine Yeah!

Decorating By cakesage Updated 12 Nov 2009 , 5:38pm by FullHouse

cakesage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesage Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 13

I really hope that Cake Central publishes a monthly magazine. There are no monthly cake decorating magazines at the newstands. Most of the resources for cake inspiration or information are the bridal/wedding magazines. The only cake magazine that I see at the bookstores, is a British publication that comes out quarterly. What a delight it would be to receive in the mail or purchase monthly a magazine about my favorite hobby/passion!

Cake Central you have my support. I really think the magazine will be a success. If the magazine is anything like this awesome website it is going to be great!

12 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 13

I agree!

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 13

Ditto to that!!!!!

cakemeasIam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemeasIam Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 13

here here!
go for it!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 8:30pm
post #5 of 13

I know - I'm so excited about it!

cassiopeia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassiopeia Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 13

I know Im so excited there is a chance for this magazine. I am always buying wedding magazines just to look at the cakes and I feel like everyone thinks I am crazy since Im not even engaged yet lol. Oh well. I really hope a cake central magazine happens. (:

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 5:25pm
post #7 of 13

i think the newsletter said they need 2000 to think about it - you would surely need a massive number to have proper distribution ie: in news agents, supermarkets etc.
and it will be a challenge or them to make a magazine worth paying for, when really everything you need is on this site. could work really well, but the cake magazines in the uk dont intrest me unless i want to make that speciic cake. so hopes are low for this one - which probably wouldnt come to the uk anyway!
not read the survey, so i might be missing lots of info.
xx

cassiopeia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassiopeia Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 5:46pm
post #8 of 13

Yeah it would be so hard for them to start up but it just seems like a great idea. Everytime I see an all cake magazine I always buy it. I like the fact that I have a hard copy of cake ideas, recipies, tips, etc. Just in case my internet is not working and I really want to know how to make something. Or if I go on a long trip and I need a magazine I love looking through the magazines to get inspiration so I can plan out in my head what my next cake will look like.

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 9:04pm
post #9 of 13

I hope it happens. i would definately be interested.

VinceLupo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VinceLupo Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 10:36am
post #10 of 13

Awfully brave of them to start a magazine in this economy, as well as the general crappy state of the magazine industry. Hopefully they'll be able to drum up enough advertisers to make it worthwhile -- unfortunately it's the advertisers that keep a magazine going, not the subscribers. Just look at what happened to Domino magazine....

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 11:57am
post #11 of 13

[quote="cakesage"]I really hope that Cake Central publishes a monthly magazine. There are no monthly cake decorating magazines at the newstands. what a delight it would be to receive in the mail or purchase monthly a magazine about my favorite hobby/passion!
Cake central have my support. i really think the magazine will be a success. If the magazine is anything like this awesome website it is going to be great. [quote]

You should subscribe to american cake decorating and mailbox news
you get them about once a month or once every two months and they are very reasonable, $28 a year for american cake decorating, and $20 a year for mailbox news and they have tutorials and recipies in them and they are all cake.

I hope they have success with the magazine too I cannot wait.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 12:01pm
post #12 of 13

I just hope that it won't be a clone of American Cake Decorating, which doesn't have any useful information for anyone over an intermediate skill level in it.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 5:38pm
post #13 of 13

I would also love to see CC publish a magazine. Hope it happens!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%