Baby Block Cake

Decorating By kkitchen Updated 9 Nov 2009 , 4:58pm by diane706

kkitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkitchen Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 6

I need some help please? I have to make a baby block cake for a baby shower. It will be the 3 blocks, 2 at the base 1 at the top. I need some ideas/ help as to how to stack it. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks a lot.

5 replies
diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 6

This is one of my baby block cakes.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1456613

Stacking is the same as if you would stack a normal tiered cake. Just place the block that will be on top on a sturdy cake board or foam core cut to size and stick some wooden dowels into the bottom blocks to support it. Have you stacked cakes before?

diane706 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 6

You can also put a dab of melted chocolate or some buttercream under the top block before placing it on the bottom blocks to keep the top one from possibly shifting.

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 6

Here is a link to my stacked baby block cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1389095

The top cake is on its own cardboard and I used bubble tea straws in the bottom 2 cakes to support the top cake. It worked out very well.

kkitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkitchen Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you puffcake and diane706 SOOOOOOOO much for the reassurance. Yes, I have stacked cakes before, but, I just wanted to make sure that is how they will be done.
Thank you all sooooooooo much.

You all have been great help to me.

diane706 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 4:58pm
post #6 of 6

Sure, no worries. Glad to help thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%