Can Brownies Recipe Be Used To Make A Cake?

Decorating By maghina Updated 9 Nov 2009 , 3:01pm by aquamom

maghina Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 9:12am
post #1 of 7

Good morning from Italy and from a newbie!
I found this wonderful recipe on youtube from miss truly for brownies, I already tried it and it's really wonderful. As I have been requested a birthday cake, I thought that instead of making a normal chocolate dough I could use this recipe in a round cake pan, bake 2 of them and put a filling between the 2 layers. Cake should be then covered with either marzipan or fondant (if ingredients for fondant come on time from the US).
I'd like an advice from you if this can be done, and if I may in case bake it in advance and put it in the freezer (without filling and icing).

Thank you in advance for your precious help.
Marisa

6 replies
Mike1394 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 10:16am
post #2 of 7

Sure why not. If you want it fluffier like a cake add some baking powder. Then it will have a cake like texture.

Mike

maghina Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 1:12pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you very much for the reply Mike! I'm so glad to hear that as I really love that recipe!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

sugarcheryl Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 7

That's a good idea and I even thought I will use my favorite brownie recipe with a cheesecake. icon_smile.gif

2SchnauzerLady Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 1:42pm
post #5 of 7

Welcome to CC. You can freeze brownies, so they are good if you need to make them ahead of time.

maghina Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 7

Oh, great, so I will make things ahead of time, instead of making a rush at the last minute! Beiung a newbie I still can't program times properly..... icon_smile.gif

aquamom Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 3:01pm
post #7 of 7

I use a brownie mix--add an extra egg--add a package of Dream Whip and use choc milk instead of water. I get great reviews every time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%