Question For Indydebi

Decorating By letsgetcaking Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 12:33am by Kitagrl

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 5:19am
post #1 of 18

Hi, Indydebi! I was going to send a private message for this question, but then I thought other CCers would be interested as well. My question is:

What are you holding in your hand in your new profile photo?
A cake decorating tool, I assume?
Should I run out and buy one this instant? icon_lol.gif
Normally I can look at the form of something and figure out its function on my own, but this has me perplexed. It's been driving me crazy not knowing every time I see your picture. icon_smile.gif

P.S. Thanks for sharing so many caking tips and wisdom with those of us who are still learning.

17 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 5:32am
post #2 of 18

It's funny how many of us are curious...20 views already icon_biggrin.gif

Indydebi's holding an offset spatula in the picture, if I'm right. The light's just catching it funny and making it look like some kind of cake decorating light saber icon_biggrin.gif

letsgetcaking Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 5:35am
post #3 of 18

Thanks, TexasRose. I think you're right. Boy, do I feel dumb! icon_redface.gif Yeah, I thought it looked like a glowing light saber, or some kind of plastic curling iron...no clue. But, I can see it now. icon_smile.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 5:38am
post #4 of 18

A cake decorating light saber would be a really cool thing to invent, though, wouldn't it? icon_biggrin.gif

this-mama-rocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
this-mama-rocks Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 5:40am
post #5 of 18

It just LOOKS like it's an offset spatula. It's realy a light saber that she uses to zap idiots and bridezillas!

And I want one!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 5:45am
post #6 of 18

icon_lol.gif Yeah, it's a spatula! That light saber thing sounds pretty cool, though!

I confess that when I got these headshots done, I had leahs pic in my head, but didn't want to TOTALLY copy her pose by holding the wire whisk. And the pics we took of me holding the rolling pin were just this side of intimidating! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif My photog friend, upon seeing the rolling pin, said, "Did you bring that in case you dont' like the shots?" icon_lol.gif

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 5:47am
post #7 of 18

I went back and looked at her new picture, and it does look like a light saber!!

I also just noticed that she is a "Forum Matriarch" WOW!! I haven't seen anyone else catagorized as this.

letsgetcaking Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 6:01am
post #8 of 18

Your pic looks great, Indydebi!

This-mama-rocks, I love the idea of a cake saber! No cake decorator should meet with a potential bridezilla without it!

Margieluvstobake, have you seen the number of posts Indydebi has? I think she's definitely earned that title. thumbs_up.gif

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 11:01am
post #9 of 18

The spatula is a perfect prop for indydebi's photo! She is, after all, the Queen of Buttercream"!!

Kims_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kims_cakes Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 11:52am
post #10 of 18

I LOVE how many people are looking at a question for Indydebi! Indydebi you ROCK! icon_lol.gif I also love the profile picture.

tab_stout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tab_stout Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 11:56am
post #11 of 18

Your new pic is great Indydeb! And you are definitely a Matriarch of Cake Central, I think everyone has heard of you on here. In fact I was a little star struck yesterday when I finally realized your name is indydeb because you are from Indianapolis - I work in Indy. Maybe a little silly, but you give such great advise on here - I think everybody loves you.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 11:40pm
post #12 of 18

its a cake saber~ feel the frosting luke!! icon_smile.gif

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 11:53pm
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kims_cakes

I LOVE how many people are looking at a question for Indydebi! Indydebi you ROCK! icon_lol.gif I also love the profile picture.

Ditto to this, and to what everyone else has said. Love the profile pic and will always click in to see what "indy" has to say!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 12:10am
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margieluvstobake

I went back and looked at her new picture, and it does look like a light saber!!

I also just noticed that she is a "Forum Matriarch" WOW!! I haven't seen anyone else catagorized as this.

Nobody else has 20,000 plus post either. Crazy, huh? Indy really loves spending time with us. icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 12:13am
post #15 of 18

Nah, I just don't have a life and believe that EVERYONE is entitled to my opinion! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 12:13am
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kims_cakes

Ditto to this, and to what everyone else has said. Love the profile pic and will always click in to see what "indy" has to say!

Count me in with the admirers...doing a little curtsey, as we're in the presence of king.gif The Matriarch! icon_wink.gif

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 12:32am
post #17 of 18

Love the pic, but really, would a tiara have killed you? C'mon.... a matriarch who has earned her crown!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 12:33am
post #18 of 18

What was wrong with the rolling pin? Should have held that in one hand, and a phone in the other. Posing as if you were in the process of answering with one of the many cool things you say to dumb clients. haha.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%