Airbrush Gun

Decorating By jessmeyer Updated 11 Nov 2009 , 12:24am by grandmom

jessmeyer Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 1:53am
post #1 of 6

Please o' please someone tell me where I can buy an air brush gun for cake decorating!! I have looked all over the city (cincinnati ohio) and can only find them for sale online! I have never used an airbrush gun, would would like to learn and add it to my "experience".

5 replies
ddaigle Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 2:31pm
post #2 of 6

I think I have seen where people have bought them at Hobby Lobby. I bought mine online.

littlecake Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 6

you'll need an airbrush and air compressor.

you can get them at an art supply.

mine wasn't made just for cakes.

it's the paache (sp?) brand if that helps...you don't have to get that brand, but it needs to be gravity fed with the cup on top.

jessmeyer Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 2:59am
post #4 of 6

Is there a certain PSI I should be looking for. I am so afraid to buy things online...I was hoping to find something at hobby lobby or michaels...any idea what they cost?

kimmi1963 Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 6

I have also been thinking about buying an airbrush gun and was told that Lowes or Home Depot has air guns and a small compressor works great and is cheaper than Michael's. Has anyone looked into that if so how did it work comparabley?

grandmom Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 12:24am
post #6 of 6

jessmeyer,

Please don't take these questions as smart-a$$, because I don't intend them that way. I really want to know...Why are you afraid to buy things online? Afraid of identity theft? Afraid the item won't be what you expected? Afraid you can't return it?

Online shopping is the most wonderful thing. The selection is literally hundreds of times better than shopping locally. The prices are usually better. The cost of shipping is no more than your time, wear and tear on your vehicle, your gas. And most online retailers ship really quickly these days

You can take advantage of several identify theft protection programs, but seriously, that usually is not a result of online shopping, but dumpster diving! Store clerks and restaurant staff can steal your credit card information quite easily, so shopping locally does not remove all risk. You can set up a PayPal account and use that at many online retailers, and by doing so, your credit card information is not revealed to the retailer.

Most retailers make it incredibly easy to return items and process prompt returns.

I have not shopped a mall for clothing or housewares in waaaay over a decade, maybe 15 years. I have not gone out to Christmas shop in years either. I have a delivery almost every day of the week. In all that time, I have been taken once, for about $24. And the bank refunded that.

Not trying to talk ya into anything, well ok, maybe a little... but c'mon, give it a try! You will be able to get so many more cake toys!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%