Cake Drum Cover

Decorating By chillysmommy Updated 9 Nov 2009 , 2:54am by BlakesCakes

chillysmommy Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 12:56am
post #1 of 5

I know a lot of people use fondant to cover the board but I have seen what looks like wrapping paper also. Can I really use wrapping paper to cover a cake drum or would that not be a good idea?

4 replies
kathy164 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 1:10am
post #2 of 5

You can cover your boards in wrapping paper, or contact paper, just be sure that you then cover that in good plastic wrap. I have done this and had no problems. Hope that helps.

playingwithsugar Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 1:10am
post #3 of 5

I do not cover cake drums. They are already covered.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

TeriO Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 1:37am
post #4 of 5

you can also cover them with butcher paper, they have a waxey side that is water proof and grease proof.

BlakesCakes Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 2:54am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillysmommy

I know a lot of people use fondant to cover the board but I have seen what looks like wrapping paper also. Can I really use wrapping paper to cover a cake drum or would that not be a good idea?

Sure. It's a nice way to jazz it up. Just be sure that anything that will be eaten doesn't touch the wrapping paper--the inks often have lead in them.

Put a barrier of another cake board between the cake and the covered board and if the icing border extends beyond the cake board, put a piece of parchment under it and make sure it's hidden by the border.

HTH
Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%