I Need Advice, Please!

Decorating By evie114 Updated 9 Nov 2009 , 3:44am by LaBellaFlor

evie114 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 4

I baked a three tiered cake for our pastor's granddaughter's first birthday (top layer is a Dora doll cake); thought the party was today.........party is not until next Sunday!! It appears the mother accidentally put the RSVP date where the party date should have been. I used a whpped icing, similar to Bettercreme mixed with pudding, milk and cream cheese and then used fondant accents. Can I freeze this cake? Thanks so much for your help!

3 replies
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 12:10am
post #2 of 4

Are you saying that the cake is not actually do for another week?!?!? I just want to make sure I read it right. I personally would be making a new cake and charging them for the new cake as she put the wrong date on the invite without letting you know.

evie114 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 3:37am
post #3 of 4

Yes, you read correctly, the cake is not due until next Sunday. Had I known the cake wasn't due until next Sunday I would never have said I would make it because I'm leaving to go to a conference on Thursday and won't be back until Saturday night, so there really is no time for a do-over. I think I'm going to just put it in the freezer and hope for the best. I have never frozen a cake with this kind of icing on it; that's my concern.

LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 3:44am
post #4 of 4

I would be concerned too as fondant does not like freezing and can get very gummy just thawing from the fridge. Good luck & I hope it works out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%