My New Results-Ccs W/ The Amazing Chocolate Wasc Recipe Fyi

Baking By JustToEatCake

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 1

Well I just thought I'd share my results. It's amazing how things can turn out different when you READ THE RECIPE CORRECTLY!! I'd have sworn I followed the direction exactly. In reducing the recipe (with a recipe reducer, just google recipe reducer) it sort of "dropped" a measurement so I left out a WHOLE cup of water so be careful or you'll end up like me!...anyway...New results

Amazing Chocolate WASC w/Duncan Heins Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (I halved the recipe that is on Cake Central so it used 1 Cake Mix instead of 2)(Using Oneida Stainless Ice Cream scoop (Walmart) LEVEL with batter IS PERFECT and EASY the kind with the thumb action)

It Made )(Using Oneida Stainless Ice Cream scoop (Walmart) LEVEL with batter IS PERFECT and EASY the kind with the thumb action)
-24 CC's baked in the larger 4.16 oz pans I orderd online (don't like the smaller ones that you buy in the stores they are like 3.3 ozs..love love these pans)
AND
-24 mini muffin (Oneida Stainless Cookie Scoop, again easy one hand action and clean)
(I'm thinking this recipe would have made 36 CCs my size CC pan or 48 of the smaller wilton pan size. Maybe someone else has some insight into this)

-Paper cups- No spraying, they didn't stick but better liners would be better these were cheap because it was a test (the liners got a bit soft) and I am giving them away to the shop boys and they could care less. Heck they'll probably end up chewing the paper.

-Baked at 350 for 19 mins (no 400 degrees then turn down for dome NEEDED here)

-The muffins are ALL nicely domed (this rises EASILY do not over fill 2/3 will give a substantial dome, over the liner)

-Tender
-Dark Chocolatey
-I added a bit more coffee to the recipe than called for when halved that's the only change I made but it's delish!

VERY Happy with this recipe now that I made it properly, I was searching for a nice chocolate recipe and testing CC recipes and now I've found it. If you are hesitant and looking for a DARK chocolate try this one with the proper ingredients of course!..hehe

Will ice them later this afternoon with a cream cheese frosting, my first for that! So we'll see how that goes!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%