Aldi Brand Silpats On Sale This Week And They Are Nice!

Decorating By JustToEatCake Updated 9 Nov 2009 , 3:03pm by amysue99

JustToEatCake Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 7

And they are very nice for about 6.00!!! Every Aldi brand item I have ever purchased I have been happy with and have found that it usually coincides with cuisinart or sunbeam or a major brand. I know this because I usually find the exact same item with a different brand name on it in the store..for instance my imersion blender is "Crofton" and it has to be made by Cuisinart because it's exactly the same as a model they sell. Silpats were out of my price range until I just found these. I wasn't sure which forum to list it in so I thought this might be one of the most read.

6 replies
Magna Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 7

Thanks! I could use couple.

tyty Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for the info, I'll have to look for it.

cakesbyk2 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 7

What are Silpats?

cylstrial Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 12:47am
post #5 of 7

http://www.silpat.com/

You bake cookies on it. You can roll pie crust out. A lot of people use them to roll fondant out. It's a tough material that holds up to heat and other things. They are nice.

Thanks for the heads up about Aldi's.

cookiemookie Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 3:00pm
post #6 of 7

I'm going to have to give them a try.

I use them mostly for rolling out my dough.

I bought an off brand large size(similiar in size to the Roul-Pat) at Bed Bath and Beyond and it was a piece of junk compared to the Roul-Pat, the dough ended up sticking and I needed to use flour. I didn't use it for baking however.

For $6 , I have to try it!

I also love Aldi for lots of things!

amysue99 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 3:03pm
post #7 of 7

Aldi is great. I haven't been to one in the States, but we just moved from Germany and they have them there. It was always a great place for quality at a lower price. Especially the produce.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%