Food Network-Brings Out The Funny In People!

Lounge By funcakes Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 10:43pm by LaBellaFlor

funcakes Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 3

I had food network on while I was frosting cookies for a bridal shower. Who comes on the next show. They ever hilarious Sandra Lee, semi homemade. With frosting all over I can't find the remote. DH walks in as Sandra is stacking her volcano cake. YIKES! he states, she is going to have an explosion that isn't the one she expects from that cake. Doesn't she know she has to use supports?? Hum-guess not. Oh, my Look the cakes are cracking already! He sits down and as she takes cans of frosting and squirts them for grass and lava. He continues to tell me what all this wormy frosting looks like to him. Then he is beside himself laughing when she takes dry ice and carries it to the cake without gloves or anything.
Enter a friend who is an exMarine. What is that? he asks. Is she in some kind of new camouflage? She really does blend in with the kitchen. How come you don't match the kitchen when you bake?
Um-because I'm not trying to hide from critics I guess.
It was one half hour of giggles for all of us.

I just wanted to share the funny stuff. PLEASE do not start flaming her personally. Yes, we all wish that she would show cake muggles how to fix a cake mix to bake a cake that tastes good and has a better texture. We all wish she would show how easy it is to make the American buttercream.
But that should be the network's job to encourage her to do that. JMO.

2 replies
costumeczar Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 3

They should just call her cake decorating segments "what not to do."

LaBellaFlor Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 3

My niece has her cook book and I think her recipes are more involved to be considered semi-homemade.

Quote by @%username% on %date%