Cake To Filling Ratio...

Decorating By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 9 Nov 2009 , 11:40pm by bellabakes

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 5

Hey there! I'm just wondering what cake to filling ratio you like to use. I have been using three 1" high cakes with two layers of filling. But I've know others have used two 2" high cakes with one layer of filling. What do you like to use? Just curious. Thanks.

4 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 5

It usually depends on the cake icon_smile.gif I like to do one cake split in half with filling, but if need a taller cake, il do two seperate sponges with 1 layer of layer of filling icon_smile.gif i tend to go a bit heavier on the ganash/buttercream round the sides and top so its like an extra layer

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 5

anyone else?

krzykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krzykakes Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 5

Either I do two layers with one layer of filling or I tort the two layers into 4 and do three layers of filling. I also go thicker with the one layer than with the torted layers. I like the last way best.

bellabakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellabakes Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 11:40pm
post #5 of 5

I think its mostly a matter of opinion and depends on the cake/filling. I almost always torte 2 layers of cake in half to get 4 and then have 3 layers of filling. I just think it looks prettier when its cut this way icon_biggrin.gif but if I have a particularly sweet filling I'll just do one layer of filling so theres more cake to filling ratio. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%