Stupid Customer (Funny Story)

Decorating By imakecakes Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 3:26pm by kausha

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 10:56am
post #31 of 37

Juleebug, I'm a homebaker for friends and I bake for a restaurant that also sells them "to go" as well as by the slice at the table. Whenever I can use a domed container, I do. I agree it looks way better. I only use the domino boxes when the cakes won't fit in those.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:35pm
post #32 of 37

Some people are just so dumb! Do you get your non-slip mat back from the customer? Or just build the cost into the cake?

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:46pm
post #33 of 37

I get the rubber from the dollar store and cut off appropriate sized strips/squares. I'll also give pieces to customers, as needed, to put under the boxes in their car so the entire box, itself, doesn't slide around in the back of the trunk. It costs just pennies per piece, I don't worry about getting them back. Sometimes my friends will return them to me and I will reuse them.

ETA: The rubber I use is the stuff that's used for shelf lining or to keep rugs from slipping around on the floor. I can put a pic up if you need me to.

Megan1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Megan1979 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 9:21am
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

I had a wedding cake pickup a couple of years ago (small, two-tiered cake, stacked). They had so much other crap in their car that there was nowhere for the box to go. I watched in HORROR as they turned the box over on its side and shoved in in a narrow space.

I didn't answer the phone for a week after that.

Hahahaha that has made my day. Surely that wouldn't have been the bride who did that.

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 10:23am
post #35 of 37

I think I am with Jamie on the box issue. I don't really see the problem, but I am not in business either. I suppose it does look more professional to have a nice box to go with your expensive cake, it's all about packaging isn't it? But on AOC, their cakes are so massive it would be ridiculous to put them in a box only to see it damaged on the way out. Many times you need to keep an eye on the cake.

On the show Ace of Cakes nobody wears hair nets or anything and it totally grosses me out. Maybe the guy that bakes? I may have seen him wear something... Do they take them off while filming? I don't know the behind the scenes stuff. That's the kind of thing I think about, not boxes.

icon_confused.gif

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 11:46am
post #36 of 37

Megan... it was the bride's mother and the groom's aunt.

kausha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kausha Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 3:26pm
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

I had a wedding cake pickup a couple of years ago (small, two-tiered cake, stacked). They had so much other crap in their car that there was nowhere for the box to go. I watched in HORROR as they turned the box over on its side and shoved in in a narrow space.

I didn't answer the phone for a week after that.

wudn't u feel so shocked to see it in front of ur own eyes after sucha sacrifice O.O...oh man...lols

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%