Is Anyone As Exhausted As I Am?

Business By loriemoms Updated 16 Nov 2009 , 5:10pm by alvarezmom

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 9:48pm
post #31 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingcakeplate

Happy that you are growing. Sorry that you are stressed. I guess I am part of the problem. I have referred 3 would be clients to you because I am trying to manage my family, a separate full-time job, a small cake business and graduate school.

So when mid-terms came around, I had to turn down 6 ordersicon_sad.gif I sent you 3 and 3 to someone else because you have such great reviews.

Get some rest and it's OK to say no sometimes. Rejuvenation is the key to longevity.

haha! thanks for the referrals! You will have to let me know the name of your biz so I can return the favor!

I dont know how you guys with full time jobs and children (my kids are all grown) do it...and then put school in the mix! Wow!

I have pretty given all the party cakes now to my girl and upped her hours Even having her now talk to customers and give prices (with my approval) and she is going to start helping me torte and fill cakes with my watchful eye (nervous about that, but I think she understands how important the cake flavors be right!) I am hoping this helps!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 9:50pm
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mencked

Tracy, i hear you!!! I had a crazy busy Oct., but now things have fallen off. Just a couple of cakes scheduled each week for the next few weeks. I think we both became legal at about the same time so maybe, we just need to be patient and let word of mouth continue... My DH always says "It's the little cakes that get the big cakes....."

Dont worry ladies, it will change. I used to die off in October and didnt know what to do with myself at christmas time (nobody seems to order cakes for christmas) All of a sudden after three years, this has changed. November is one of my busiest months and January is nuts now too!! So as word gets out how terrific you are, you will be wondering why you were concerned!

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 2:38am
post #33 of 37

Thank you Loriemoms--we'll have to let you know how we're doing in 3 years icon_smile.gif!!!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:43pm
post #34 of 37

Thanks Loriemoms and Mencked! It just seems that I had orders all summer and then I get legal and boom! they're gone. I did get another order yesterday and another potential order. I just keep looking at income vs. what we're spending and 'yikes'!

Mencked, this is off topic but how did you do the horns on your deer in your avatar? I got a call yesterday from a lady that may want a 3D deer head with big horns.

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 2:49am
post #35 of 37

I did that cake using a kit from Pohlman's Cakes. I'll see if I can find the link!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 2:16pm
post #36 of 37

Sounds like you need a break...take one.... we have to listen to our bodies.

Jen icon_smile.gif

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 5:10pm
post #37 of 37

I know I am tired. I am seriously thinking that after December I'm going to slow down and start doing practice cakes again. I cant seem to tell people No when they want to order last minute or jerk me around when it comes to pricing.

I am very tired. This week I have 1 cake that I am donating to a little boy who is turning 7 and is at a children's shelter. I have my two nephews and my daughter next month. Come January 2010 I'm going to SLOW it down!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%