How Do You Do This?

Decorating By Iloveweddings Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 8:02pm by colombean

Iloveweddings Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 10:29am
post #1 of 12

Hi. How do you do this on a cake? Thanks in advance.

11 replies
Caths_Cakes Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 10:39am
post #2 of 12

it looks piped to me, but im not a 'piper' so im sure some one else can give you better advice on it, but to me it looks as thought its sort of , melted into the cake to give it a smooth join icon_smile.gif

sugarandslice Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 11:26am
post #3 of 12

My question would be, why would you want to?
Sorry, but it doesn't look great to me.

vickymacd Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 11:35am
post #4 of 12

Yes, it looks piped. But it also looks like royal icing to me but you wouldn't want royal on a cake like that. It can't be more liquidy of BC, otherwise it would slip off.

Caths_Cakes Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 12:15pm
post #5 of 12

Unless its a royal iced/fondant cake and its supposed to have a 'melted' snow look over the sides?

jlynnw Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 12:56pm
post #6 of 12

what does the whole cake look like?

cylstrial Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:28pm
post #7 of 12

It has to be some sort of winter cake. Cause that has to be snow. It kind of looks to me like they just used a coupler (with no tip) and swirled it around.

cabecakes Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:36pm
post #8 of 12

I agree with the others that said it looks like royal icing, but you wouldn't want to ice your cake with that. Royal gets hard. Although, if it was a "winter cake" it might also be just whipped topping piped on also, to give it a snowy look. It looks like maybe they may have just cut a small hole in the corner of a ziploc baggie and piped on.

Rylan Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:24pm
post #9 of 12

I did a similar look on one of my cakes. Just pipe it with royal icing. Layer it to get the desired effect.

Kitagrl Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:43pm
post #10 of 12

Looks like they used a curved tip and then wiggled it as they piped.

Iloveweddings Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 2:39am
post #11 of 12

Thanks for all your replies. I believe it is suppose to be the look of snow. I thought maybe it was very thin buttercream.

colombean Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 8:02pm
post #12 of 12

it actually looks like marshmallow frosting to me. I use it a lot, and it gives that wonderful shiny effect... it's called a 7 minute frosting. I add a cup of mini marshmallows at the end for the marshmallowy flavor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%