Thank God This Weekend Is Over (Whine!)

Business By indydebi Updated 9 Nov 2009 , 11:21pm by indydebi

indydebi Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 5:49am
post #1 of 12

I should want to be this busy all the time, but thank GOD this weekend is over!

Thursday, I had to get up at 4:30 a.m. to do a Chamber of Commerce breakfast. I then spent the rest of the day working on my 2 upcoming events (details below). Got home about 8:00 p.m.

Friday, I'm up at about 6:30, leave the house at 7:30 to get started on my day. I had a 5-tier cake plus the catering for 200 for a 25th anniv. I spent 4.5 hours on Friday just cooking the chicken for the Chicken Teriyake Skewers .... this is on a commercial stove using 3 commercial size skillets (so DIY brides, don't give me any crap about how gramma can EASILY handle making your food for you!). I get home about 11:30 p.m. with the thought of "I have to get up early and do it all again tomorrow!" icon_cry.gif

Saturday (tonight), I had a catering for an Art Gala for 100. No cake, less food, but I still spent over 2 hours cooking chicken and meatballs. We did a number of new items that we showcased at this event so there was a lot more prep work involved.

The good news is that both events went picture perfect! I mean, I want ALL of my events to go this perfect! Lots of compliments, plenty of food, no mishaps (except when I forgot the cherry tomatoes and had to go back to get them, but the venue was only 15 mins from the shop). A local bank's marketing VP asked to see me at the Art Gala because she is planning a new product launch and "....what I see here is PERFECT for what I'm looking for!" Wooooo-Whoooo!

My feet hurt, my back is totally killing me and I"m to tired to eat. (yet, here I am getting my CC fix before I try to get some sleep! icon_redface.gif )

Cake pic is posted in the gallery (5 tier hexagon ... and by the way I discovered that I LUV doing hex cakes!) and the catering pics are on my Flickr site .... pics labeled "art gala" and "25th anniv.

I think I'll actually implement my Monday-is-my-day-off rule this week.

11 replies
Mensch Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 6:20am
post #2 of 12

Wewll done, sissy!

Now go call your massage therapist and make an appointment!

-K8memphis Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 6:27am
post #3 of 12

Whew--Maybe Tuesday too! icon_biggrin.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 12

As young and as energized as you are! What's the problem?! icon_razz.gif Go take a nap, old lady! (and I'm shaking MY mommy finger at you!) lol

-Tubbs Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 11:08pm
post #5 of 12

Enjoy your day off - really sounds like you've earned it! Phew!

snarkybaker Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 3:45am
post #6 of 12

We had a DOOZY of a weekend. It was the local college's homecoming, and they were playing a school that is only 10 miles away. We have been mobbed all weekend. 6 gelato bar deliveries- one big wedding, one small wedding, 18 occasion cakes, and about $9,000 in store sales, oh and did I mention that the only other decorator took the weekend off...

Deb_ Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 1:17pm
post #7 of 12

Can I pencil you in for a mani/pedi/facial today? With wine of course!

Congrats on a successful weekend.....I know they're exhausting but it's always worth it when you see that checking acct. balance go up a few digits.

This is my only complaint about being in the service industry....it's friggin exhausting and it sure doesn't get easier with age................ icon_rolleyes.gif

Enjoy your day off, you deserve it.

jillmakescakes Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 10:36pm
post #8 of 12

Debi, my hectic week is this week. We've got two weddings and 9 occasion cakes, none of them easy. We're doing a 3D pirate ship (so excited!!), a stacked present cake with zebra stripes, a minnie mouse-ish cake, a two tier butterfly/flowers baby shower cake, a replica of the Bella's twilight birthday cake and 4 more that I can't think of right now.

We might need to meet for 'ritas icon_biggrin.gif

idgalpal Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 10:50pm
post #9 of 12

OMG - and I thought I was tired BEFORE I read this thread!

vagostino Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 10:50pm
post #10 of 12

And yet, you managed to help a bunch of us here! (me included!)
You are wonder woman!

cakegrandma Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 10:59pm
post #11 of 12

Congratulations on the busy weekend you had Debbie! I know you are tired but I am sure you are satisfied inside knowing you did such wonderful work and got more business from it. You deserve to rest, so kick off your shoes, have a massage and don't forget the wine.
evelyn

indydebi Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 11:21pm
post #12 of 12

jill, have you done that pagoda cake yet?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%