Recipes For Easy Bake Oven

Baking By Chefsaltyblue Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 11:45pm by jaybug

Chefsaltyblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefsaltyblue Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:35am
post #1 of 7

I have an old easy bake oven my granddaughters want to play with, as I'm not willing to pay $8.00 for a mix ,there has to be a way to make them by scratch. I also want to make mixes that only needs water added so my girls can make cakes without me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

6 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:39am
post #2 of 7

I did a Google search and found this website. Link goes to page w/ several recipes. HTH!

http://mixes.cdkitchen.com/recipes/alpha/e/0.shtml

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 4:40am
post #3 of 7

Check amazon.com or a bookstore- there are actually cookbooks for the easy bake too!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 4:47am
post #4 of 7
CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 7

Oh, man! I used to LOVE my easy bake oven as a kid! My mom wouldn't buy the easy bake oven mixes, but I'd have a regular box of Duncan Hines cake mix, and would mix just enough mix with water for my pan and they came out fine for the easy bake.

Man, I kind of miss my easy bake oven now.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 7

I also had one as a kid. My mom would buy those cheapy Jif brand cake mixes. We'd mix the whole thing up and keep it in a bowl in the refrigerator. When we wanted to bake, we'd scoop out the batter we needed and baked it.

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 7

Glad to know there are recipes out there for easybake ovens. Wanted to buy my granddaughter one but didn't want to buy those expensive little mixes. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%