How To Make A Fondant Copy

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 1:32am by still_learning

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:01am
post #1 of 8

I need to make a Logo out of fondant... I need it to look just like the University of Georgia Emblem... is there a way to print something off the computer and then trace it onto the fondant? I could do a buttercream transfer but I think the fondant would work best...any Ideas? TIA

7 replies
cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:11am
post #2 of 8

I guess you dont want to use an edible image?????

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:18am
post #3 of 8

That would have been my answer. Edible Image for everything. It will be clear and if you want you can cut around it and place on cake. Whoever is getting the cake will think your the best.

Rachie204 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:24am
post #4 of 8

I'm still a newbie and not really that familiar with the edible image process...Don't i need to have a special printer and paper and ink for that? This is just a cake for my brothers 25th birthday and I don't need to put a ton of money into it. I am planning on doing the top of the cake with the wilton grass tip...would the image need to be placed on the cake first and then the grass piped around it or could I place the image on a piece of fondant and then place that on top of the grass?

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:29am
post #5 of 8

Ok Sorry, You might be able to finda bakery supply or walmart who could do that for you. They charge a nominal fee.

Or then print on regular paper your image and use it as a template/cookie cutter type to make your piece. Then after its cut, paint on food coloring and allow to dry before placing on the cake.

I would also suggest that you don't roll the fondant piece too thin or it will be too flimbsy (spelling) to pick up

hth

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:31am
post #6 of 8

I get my images at my cake supply store. Some ccer's have had their copies made at their local Super Wal*mart or Sams Club. They run about $5-$7 a sheet.

Rachie204 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:32am
post #7 of 8

Thank you...I will check out the Wal-mart thing and I will try the cut out process...hopefully that will work for me. Thanks Again.

still_learning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
still_learning Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:32am
post #8 of 8

If you want to do an edible image you can get one made at a local grocery store for a small fee. It's also pretty easy to make a fondant copy. I usually find an online image and size it for the cake. I cut it out and use it as a template when cutting out the fondant. If there are multiple components to the image I make a base fondant layer that is the size of the entire image and then cut out each individual piece and fit them together like a jigsaw puzzle on top of that base layer. I have some pics of travel stickers on my suitcase cake and this weekend I made the Hannah Montana logo this way. Hope that made sense icon_smile.gif Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%