Punch Recipe?

Lounge By sweetcakes Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 5:09pm by dldbrou

sweetcakes Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 12:30am
post #1 of 10

anyone have a nice punch recipe for a cake and punch reception? some with alchohol and some without would be great. I generally ask what kind of reception it is and more and more i hear just cake and punch and i have this great punch bowl so i could offer this too.

9 replies
auntmamie Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 12:45am
post #2 of 10

Gasp! People are having cake and punch receptions? Does Indydebi know that her predictions have come true???? icon_wink.gif

Sorry, I can't actually answer your question, but I'll be watching - i'm interested too!

TeriO Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:07am
post #3 of 10

This one is really good. It makes alot, but believe me you, you will need alot.

2 pkgs cherry Kool-Aid
2 1/2 cups sugar
3 qts. water
1 tall can pineapple juice
1 large can frozen orange juice ( thawed)
1 qt. ginger ale

no alcohol, and very very yummy

foodguy Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:22am
post #4 of 10

Here is a not so sugary sweet one that we use a lot at church functions.

1-12 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1-12 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1-12 oz. can frozen grape juice concentrate, thawed
2 quarts cold water
1-2 liter bottle 7 Up or Sprite
fresh orange or lemon slices

Combine juice concentrates and water. Pour over ice in punch bowl.
Add 7 Up and stir gently to combine.
Float orange or lemon slices on top.
Yield: Approx. 32-4 oz. (1/2 cup) servings

sweetcakes Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 3:05am
post #5 of 10

thank you, i cant wait to try them out. Also since the cake and punch reception has come up a time or two, im thinking about offering to supply the plates, forks and napkins for the number of servings the cake provides. Does anyone else do that and how do you charge, as an additional per serving charge or a flat rate per 25 servings or such?

threeforhim Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 3:25am
post #6 of 10

Growing up where I'm from, most of the time when the reception is held in the church (almost always), there is just cake and punch with some mints and nuts or candies. A few times there have been finger foods and a few times a full blown dinner. It seems though of late, the couples are branching out more with the dinners and including candy stations along with cake and even a chocolate fountain with fruits. I think different parts of the country do things differently.

sweetreasures Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:23am
post #7 of 10

1 Bottle Ocean Spray Cranberry juice
1 can Minute Maid frzn orange juice
1 can Minute Maid frzn lemonade
1 2 ltr bottle 7- up

Mix together. You can add water a little at a time to extend the amount and to adjust flavor. I have tried this with generic soda and juices and did not like the flavor.

I use to have a recipe with Southern Comfort. Wish I could remember it, it was so long ago. I know it also had frzn lemonade, frzn orange juice and 7 up. I'm thinking grenadine syrup too. Not sure of the other ingredients.

If you can find them, I think the older 50's glass snack plates with cup would be a great idea for serving.. Ebay sells them and at this time of limited finances, not too many people to bid against you. I have been fortunate to find the ones I have coveted for a long time at a local thrift store really really cheap ( these had a higher bid price than other snack plates ) and no shipping to pay.

Shelle_75 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:41pm
post #8 of 10

1 quart orange sherbert
2 small cans pineapple juice
1 2 liter bottle sierra mist

Simple and yummy! There's never any left. For alcoholic, you can add some peach schnapps for a yummy fuzzy navel-ish punch.

sweettooth88 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 3:36pm
post #9 of 10

I just used this one yesterday

1pk koolaid powder (i used blue b/c it was for a boy babyshower)
2 lt lemon lime soda
62 oz white cranberry juice
1 cup sugar
7-8 scoops vanilla ice cream

It was a complete hit!!!

dldbrou Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 5:09pm
post #10 of 10

Boy, do I have a doozy of a recipe for you. Being from the south, we know how to put a kick into any type of party and this recipe is a winner. The last time I served this, I was giving a His n Her Bridal Shower and offered both regular punch and alcoholic punch. I caught one of the men at the end of the shower picking up the Vodka punch bowl and drinking the remains of the punch. It was devoured by all and the recipe was past around. The men said they did not mind going to a shower if they were that much fun.

Vodka Punch:
1- Fifth Vodka---cheap kind
1-2 Liter Bottle 7-Up
1-Large 48 oz Pineapple Juice
1-Small Can Frozen Orange Juice
1-Cup Sugar
1-Cup Water

Boil water and sugar until dissolved. Add all other ingredients when water cools down. Freeze in a large plastic container. Stir every few hours up to 12 hours until set. (Cherries optional)

When I make this, I usually make a double batch depending on the size of the party. This can be made well in advance and stored in freezer.

Enjoy. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%