Peanut Butter Icing Under Fondant

Baking By Kitagrl Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 3:05pm by FullHouse

Kitagrl Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 6

Can anyone direct me to the best (yummiest) peanut butter icing recipe that will hold up well underneath fondant? Something with a nice strong peanut butter flavor would be awesome.

Thanks so much!

5 replies
FullHouse Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 12:37am
post #2 of 6

I add peanut butter to Sugar Shack's buttercream recipe, I don't measure, just mix it in to taste. If you have access to Lorann oils, you can also add that in addition to the peanut butter, about 1/4 tsp for 2 cups of buttercream.

Kitagrl Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 12:39am
post #3 of 6

Ok, great.... I was just going to throw it in my regular buttercream but I didn't know if it would make it unstable....but I guess I could add it before adding liquid so I know exactly how much liquid to add.....

FullHouse Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:20am
post #4 of 6

I added it after my buttercream was made since I didn't need the whole batch to be that flavor. I was still able to smooth it, I just added enough so I could taste it, then added the Lorann PB flavoring to boost it a bit. Chocolate peanut butter bc is fabulous!!!!

Kitagrl Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:23am
post #5 of 6

Does it firm up in the fridge well enough to do fondant?

FullHouse Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 3:05pm
post #6 of 6

Sorry, I didn't see your ques. sooner. I used fondant over the chocolate peanut butter bc and it worked great. I've only used the pb bc as a filling but I'm sure if it's a bit soft, you can just add more ps to firm it up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%