Urgent Help Needed With Mff - Chocolate

Decorating By cserwa Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 8:26pm by cabecakes

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 3

HELP!!! I made a batch of MFF and it turned out great. It's resting now. Then I tried to make chocolate MFF, adding chocolate chips to the corn syrup as stated, and subbing some of the powdered sugar with cocoa powder. Everything looked great until I tried to add it all to the powdered sugar in my mixer. I wound up with a chocolate mess. It never came together like fondant. Instead, I have the texture of dirt - some pieces bigger than others, but none of it coming together smoothly like regular fondant. THe pieces are brittle, and it looks like I have a bowl of chunky sand or dirt. I tried adding some more glycerin, as stated in the recipe, and nothing is helping it come together. PLEASE HELP! Tell me if/how I can salvage this! I'm working on it now so any immediate help is VERY greatly appreciated. I can't attach picture, as my digital camera is not here right now!

2 replies
cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:28am
post #2 of 3

No one???

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 3

Are you making Michelle Foster Fondant or Marshmallow Fondant. If you are making marshmallow fondant just add more marshmallows. I just add cocoa to my marshmallows while they are melting, then stir my marshmallows into my powdered sugars. I use one bag marshmallows and 1 tablespoon of water; melt in microwave at 30 second intervals and stir once marshmallows have started to melt add in cocoa (to taste). Sift powdered sugar onto counter or work surface (I use a silacone mat) and make a well in the center. Pour your melted marshmallow mixture into the center. Using a spoon, slowly pull the powdered sugar from the outside of the well into the center until a dough is formed. Keep kneading until dough is no longer sticky. Put a little veggie shortening on hands to keep fondant from sticking to your hands. If you are making Michelle Foster's Fondant, I can't help you as I have never made it. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%