Help!!!! Bettercreme Question

Decorating By preciosa225 Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 5:51pm by auntiecake

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 8

Hi all! I made a filling with bettercreme, extract and a little bit of sleeve filling folded in. It seemed pretty thick when I made it and so I made a good buttercream dam on my cake, smeared a thin layer of banana sleeve filling on the cake layer, topped it with the bettercreme filling and topped with the other cake layer. But now it has occurred to me, "WILL THE BETTERCREME ABSORB INTO THE CAKE LAYERS SINCE I DIDN'T ADD ANY PUDDING??" I am scared there will be no filling when the cake is cut. I filled the cake on Thursday and the party is today.

PLEASE HELP!! MY NERVES ARE SHOT!!!! OH THE EMBARRASSMENT!!!

CARI

7 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 8

Bettercreme isn't absorbed into the cake, whether or not you add any pudding to it. icon_smile.gif

(I just whip it up plain from the carton and it's always fine.)

HTH

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:25am
post #3 of 8

You should be fine! You will have a buttercream filling

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:38am
post #4 of 8

Please help me, what is bettercreme? I dont want to hijack the thread, but Im curious.

polliwawg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
polliwawg Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:42am
post #5 of 8

Bettercreme is a whipped icing used at most retail chains (walmart, etc)....it is the lighter fluffier icing. There are many names for it, Bettercreme is the name for the whipped icing made by Rich's. It can come in a bucket pre-whipped or in a carton like milk, where you whip it yourself.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:45am
post #6 of 8

Bettercreme and Pastry Pride are non diary ready to whip toppings. They can be used many ways. Lots of bakers use them to ice the cake. They have a flavor somewhat like whip cream. Often times come frozen, you just thaw and whip

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:55am
post #7 of 8

You should be great...I never use pudding mix!

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 8

Sorry, it was late and I didn't catch the BETTERCREME from buttercream. You should still be ok.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%