How Do You Seal Your Cellphane Bags?

Decorating By ttehan4 Updated 7 Nov 2009 , 5:54pm by PJ37

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 7

I want to seal several different items, pretzels, cookies, brownies, etc. in cellophane treat bags. I was thinking heat seal, but does it work? Does foodsaver seal cello bags?

Any ideas?

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 3:20pm
post #2 of 7

The foodsaver and hot sealer may end up melting the cellophane bags as they are not made for those type of machines....I would just tie them ot staple them shut.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 7

You have to have special plastic for the FoodSaver (sealer) because it uses heat to seal.

I just use a silver twisty tie thingy or some pretty colored raffia type ribbon. I do a ton of holiday baking and I've never had anything dry out or go stale yet that was packaged in a cello bag.

ttehan4 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 7

I did a little searching on the web and found a lady that posts a blog on baking and packaging. She said she uses a cheap vacuum sealer and seals treat bags. It was a 39.00 sealer.

I thought that I read on here before that someone uses foodsaver to seal cello bags.

PJ37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ37 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 7

I tried a cheap little craft iron on the cellophane and it works. (Saw this Suggestion on CC).

ttehan4 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:30pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the tip. I will pick up a small iron at the craft store today and give it a try.

PJ37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ37 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 5:54pm
post #7 of 7

ttehan4
Just don't let the craft iron get too hot!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%