Uga Logo

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 3:48am by wrightway777

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:43am
post #1 of 14

I need to add a University Of Georgia Logo to a cake and was wondering what would be the best way to do this. I would like to place the Logo ontop of grass piped with the grass tip. What would work best?

TIA...

13 replies
paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 3:54am
post #2 of 14

what about a chocolate transfer of UGA the bulldog. He could be standing up if uou put a lollipop stick on back of him. My boys Dad graduated from UGA school of pharmacy.

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 14

I have a UGA cake in my photos. I just made the symbol from fondant.

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 14

I think a transfer(chocolate or buttercream)would be best.The uga on my cake and the G symbols are all chocolate.
LL

Rachie204 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 14

thanks for those of you who replied to this....I lost the post somehow and never responded. I am doing the cake this week and will post a pic when I am done.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 12:52am
post #6 of 14

I used run sugar, It was a fairly easy cake to do; hope the pic attaches...it is so much easier for me to cake than compute icon_razz.gif .
LL

Rachie204 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:39am
post #7 of 14

KJT~

What is run sugar?

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:50am
post #8 of 14

PLEASE share what's run sugar & how you did it. ! I Love your transfer. I am in Georgia as well & people love their Dawgs!!!

kjt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:53am
post #9 of 14

Hi Rachie, and welcome to CC!

Run sugar is a technique where you use stiff RI to outline an image, then thin the RI and flood inside the outline. Wilton makes a product called Colorflow, that's basically RI mix. If you search colorflow here (or probably even google it) you will get the full instructions.
It's a technique that I use often; the downside it the drying time (2-3 days depending on the humidity- and you know how THAT varies icon_confused.gif ), and coloring lots of tiny bowls of icing! For the dawg logo, you would only need three colors, of course!
HTH
Kathy icon_smile.gif

kjt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:57am
post #10 of 14

I'll see if I can find a link that explains it fully-hold on...

kjt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:05am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjt

I'll see if I can find a link that explains it fully-hold on...

http://www.wilton.com/idea/Color-Flow

This pretty much explains it. You don't have to use the Wilton product, you can use RI-however if you are beginning, it's helpful to have exact measurements until you get a "feel" for the technique. It's really versatile- several of the cakes in my gallery have run sugar pieces-Dora & Super Why are two that I can think of right this minute.
You should try it y'all! thumbs_up.gif

kjt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:10am
post #12 of 14

Don't be put off by the instructions-they seem really long, but step-by-step they aren't really complicated.

I put my image(printed out or drawn on copy paper) inside a plastic page protector. That way I don't have to fool with taping wax paper over it, then I tape the whole page onto a hard-back cookbook or the back of a sheet pan-anything that will keep it flat.

And hello amberkw-yep Goooo Dawgs-sic 'em! icon_lol.gif

edited for stupid spelling errors

Rachie204 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:19am
post #13 of 14

KJT~

Thank you! I have heard of color flow...and have some wilton that I have never used....although it may be old. Thanks again

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:48am
post #14 of 14

Go dawgs! I'm in GA too. Matter of fact i have two bulldogs myself!
kjt - love the spikes you did on the collar. I forgot that trick of the page protector - thanks for the memory boost.
tenleysmommy - awesome transfer! Oops on the G on his hat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%