No More Pain Using Metal Cutters....

Decorating By tracycakes Updated 9 Nov 2009 , 9:55pm by DDiva

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:15am
post #1 of 7

You know how your hand gets sore using metal cutters. Well, NO MORE! My husband is a genius! My hand was getting sore as I spent the day working on flowers for a bridal fair. My husband got me a fingerless golf glove! It has a leather center and protects your hand when you press down on the cutter. I cut a bunch of petals at one time, then just take the glove off. And, it cost less than $10.

6 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:19am
post #2 of 7

that is a great idea, thanks for sharing

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 12:20pm
post #3 of 7

What a great idea! Thanks!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 7

GREAT idea!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you for sharing this.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks guys! I spent just 2 hours Friday morning cutting metals and my hand was killing me. At lunch, I picked up the glove and spent 5 more hours on Friday and about 6 hours on Saturday making roses and cutting petals with no pain at all. So, besides going to Lowe's and Home Depot and the scrapbooking department, I now go to the golf shop for cake stuff. Who would have thunk it?

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 9:55pm
post #7 of 7

OMG!! Please give your husband a big hug from me!!
We do edible images on cupcakes. MY DH does them for me and puts several on one sheet. I use a circle cutter to cut them out (so much easier) and it kills my hand because I have to push down really hard and twist the cutter. This will be a life saver....no, I mean a hand saver!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%