The Customer Gets What The Customer Wants

Business By sugarandslice Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 12:49pm by ramie7224

sugarandslice Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:05am
post #1 of 10

So I've just finished the strangest cake request I've had so far. A cake in the shape of a bottle of face cream!
The husband of the birthday girl called me and asked if I do carved cakes. I explained that I haven't been doing this long but that I would happily give it a go. He then emailed me a copy of the invitation for the party which was a spoof face cream ad with his wife's baby photo as the "before" and her at 40 as the "after" with the face cream in the middle.

So, I did it and I'm wondering what's the strangest cake you've ever done?

Oh and here's the link
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1509365

9 replies
costumeczar Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:21am
post #2 of 10

Not the weirdest, but maybe the most random...I did a lightbulb for an electrician once. The bride couldn't figure out what to do for a groom's cake for him, so she went with that!

sweet-thing Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:47am
post #3 of 10

Your cake turned out great!

I just had someone ask for a group birthday cake that had to include a 6 yr old who loves cheerleading, an 11 yr old soccer player and their grandpa who loves chocolate. Not odd but hard to tie together into one cake!

jadak Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 10

Have you seen my pile of poo cake? LOL That has to be the strangest one I've ever been asked to do. I've actually done 2 of those. One of the guests at the first poo cake party called 6 months later "having to have a pile of poop" for her daughter's birthday. icon_lol.gif Whatever. They were actually quite easy to make and they paid for them so it's all good on my end.

mim1106 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 10

jadak - LOL, that is the grossest cake I have ever seen! Great job??!!

amysue99 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 6:05pm
post #6 of 10

Yes, a pile of poo. I did one for a boy having a Fear Factor party. It looked so gross that I didn't dare put it on my website

Kitagrl Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 10

I guess one of my weirdest was the top part of a pair of jeans with a credit card stuck in the butt (its in my photos)....some kind of "swiper" game/joke the customer played with their friends all the time. She was kinda embarrassed even placing her order. haha.

snarkybaker Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:22am
post #8 of 10

We did an DNA themed cake for a grooms cake for a molecular biologist.

loriemoms Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 11:36am
post #9 of 10

I did my first black wedding cake a couple of weeks ago. the entire cake was black buttercream with some red piping. I worned the bride and groom that thier teeth and lips would be black all day and they went Cool! so I guess to each thier own! haha!

ramie7224 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 12:49pm
post #10 of 10

Jadak- OMG! That is truly the most disgusting thing I have ever seen! GREAT JOB! No way I could take a bite out of that thing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%