The Muggliest Cake Muggle Ever!!

Business By snarkybaker Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 4:02am by rosiecast

snarkybaker Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:10am
post #1 of 16

So, I never do this... I never diss customers who call with ridiculous requests..but this is a DOOZY. Phone rings like 15 times this morning as we are trying to open the doors. Woman says " Can you make a 3D airplane cake ?"...
We say "SURE..no problem."
She says" Well I spent the last two days making one, and when I picked up to take it to my son's party, it broke.."
We say " When exactly do you NEED this cake ?"

She says, " Well the party starts in next town over in an hour and 45 minutes. icon_confused.gificon_confused.giftapedshut.gif

Really??? icon_eek.gif

We then proceed to offer her cupcakes or an extra 12 inch chocolate round we have knocking around, at which she says " Well why would I pay for that?...I already made a cake."

Click!

15 replies
Ruth0209 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:12am
post #2 of 16

That's hysterical! Is it a full moon?

Kitagrl Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:25am
post #3 of 16

Actually....it IS a full moon.....

2SchnauzerLady Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:37am
post #4 of 16

Some people are so clueless. I had someone ask me to do a cake for a big birthday (50 people) 5 days before the party. She knew I have a full time job - not cakes, and she had $50 for her budget. She also knew I do cakes to raise money for Leukemia & Lymphoma, so she probably thought she would be giving me a generous donation. I turned it down. I require a minimum of 2 weeks notification. I don't do many cakes, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it either!

Kitagrl Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:38am
post #5 of 16

I think alot of people think I'm a bakery that can turn out a quick cake....I guess that's understandable...they are often shocked when I tell them 3-4 weeks in advance.

LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 5:02am
post #6 of 16

:Lol: icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif Cake t.v. shows strike again!

cylstrial Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:01pm
post #7 of 16

That is hilarious! Especially as she knows how long it takes to make and bake a cake, if she just made one. Dumb butt!

costumeczar Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:03pm
post #8 of 16

what a dumba$$

jadak Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 5:20pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

That is hilarious! Especially as she knows how long it takes to make and bake a cake, if she just made one. Dumb butt!

EXACTLY! She even says she just spent 2 DAYS making the darn thing. How are you just going to pull one out of thin air? icon_confused.gif

Tee-Y Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 5:59pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

:Lol: icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif Cake t.v. shows strike again!

Just the thought that came to my mind when I saw this icon_razz.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif !!!

hilly Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 8:05pm
post #11 of 16

Oh my gosh, what the heck was she thinking? Honestly? I mean, yes, panic I can understand... but pulling a 3d airplane made of cake out of thin air?!! WTF?!!

dstbni Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 8:21pm
post #12 of 16

What, you mean you don't have a walk-in cooler full of airplane cakes at all times?

veronica720 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 10:53pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstbni

What, you mean you don't have a walk-in cooler full of airplane cakes at all times?

That's what I was thinking.....I know mine is full of airplanes and trucks and for those "special" people I also keep dozens of 4-tier wedding cakes on hand just waiting to be eaten.

Geeze!!!

littlecake Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:21am
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstbni

yeah, i keep mine in the back by the wedding cakes for walk ins.

i had a guy call for a 3 tier wedding cake needed by noon that day, i told him i had a couple decorated and ready in case of emergancies ...he said "YOU DO???"

no of course not DUMB BUTT...(i didn't say that, but wanted to)

KitchenKat Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:45am
post #15 of 16

Yeah I think she takes the cake for being the muggliest muggle.

Notice how the last 3 posters all have dogs as their avatars? Here's a fourth one. Cute dogs!

rosiecast Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:02am
post #16 of 16

Hehehe. I'm a cake muggle and even I know that the "in a jiffy" 3D airplane cakes are only available during the summer months. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%