The Muggliest Cake Muggle Ever!!

Business By snarkybaker Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 4:02am by rosiecast

snarkybaker  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:10am
post #1 of 16

So, I never do this... I never diss customers who call with ridiculous requests..but this is a DOOZY. Phone rings like 15 times this morning as we are trying to open the doors. Woman says " Can you make a 3D airplane cake ?"...
We say "SURE..no problem."
She says" Well I spent the last two days making one, and when I picked up to take it to my son's party, it broke.."
We say " When exactly do you NEED this cake ?"

She says, " Well the party starts in next town over in an hour and 45 minutes. icon_confused.gificon_confused.giftapedshut.gif

Really??? icon_eek.gif

We then proceed to offer her cupcakes or an extra 12 inch chocolate round we have knocking around, at which she says " Well why would I pay for that?...I already made a cake."

Click!

15 replies
 Ruth0209  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:12am
post #2 of 16

That's hysterical! Is it a full moon?

Kitagrl  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:25am
post #3 of 16

Actually....it IS a full moon.....

2SchnauzerLady  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:37am
post #4 of 16

Some people are so clueless. I had someone ask me to do a cake for a big birthday (50 people) 5 days before the party. She knew I have a full time job - not cakes, and she had $50 for her budget. She also knew I do cakes to raise money for Leukemia & Lymphoma, so she probably thought she would be giving me a generous donation. I turned it down. I require a minimum of 2 weeks notification. I don't do many cakes, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it either!

Kitagrl  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:38am
post #5 of 16

I think alot of people think I'm a bakery that can turn out a quick cake....I guess that's understandable...they are often shocked when I tell them 3-4 weeks in advance.

LaBellaFlor  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 5:02am
post #6 of 16

:Lol: icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif Cake t.v. shows strike again!

cylstrial  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:01pm
post #7 of 16

That is hilarious! Especially as she knows how long it takes to make and bake a cake, if she just made one. Dumb butt!

costumeczar  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:03pm
post #8 of 16

what a dumba$$

jadak  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 5:20pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

That is hilarious! Especially as she knows how long it takes to make and bake a cake, if she just made one. Dumb butt!

EXACTLY! She even says she just spent 2 DAYS making the darn thing. How are you just going to pull one out of thin air? icon_confused.gif

Tee-Y  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 5:59pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

:Lol: icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif Cake t.v. shows strike again!

Just the thought that came to my mind when I saw this icon_razz.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif !!!

hilly  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 8:05pm
post #11 of 16

Oh my gosh, what the heck was she thinking? Honestly? I mean, yes, panic I can understand... but pulling a 3d airplane made of cake out of thin air?!! WTF?!!

dstbni  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 8:21pm
post #12 of 16

What, you mean you don't have a walk-in cooler full of airplane cakes at all times?

veronica720  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 10:53pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstbni

What, you mean you don't have a walk-in cooler full of airplane cakes at all times?

That's what I was thinking.....I know mine is full of airplanes and trucks and for those "special" people I also keep dozens of 4-tier wedding cakes on hand just waiting to be eaten.

Geeze!!!

littlecake  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:21am
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstbni

yeah, i keep mine in the back by the wedding cakes for walk ins.

i had a guy call for a 3 tier wedding cake needed by noon that day, i told him i had a couple decorated and ready in case of emergancies ...he said "YOU DO???"

no of course not DUMB BUTT...(i didn't say that, but wanted to)

KitchenKat  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:45am
post #15 of 16

Yeah I think she takes the cake for being the muggliest muggle.

Notice how the last 3 posters all have dogs as their avatars? Here's a fourth one. Cute dogs!

rosiecast  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:02am
post #16 of 16

Hehehe. I'm a cake muggle and even I know that the "in a jiffy" 3D airplane cakes are only available during the summer months. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%