White Chocolate Shapes?

Decorating By alliebear Updated 6 Nov 2009 , 11:07pm by alliebear

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 4

does anyone know of a place, where i can buy pre-made x-mas shapes made with good quality white chocolate? i don't want to temper and i don't want to use crappy chocolate. Anyone know of some one who supply stuff like this?

3 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 4

I've always made my own. I use plastic cookie cutters and poured the chocolate into them, let set up and voila -- instant shapes! I do two white chocolate and two dark chocolate shapes for Christmas (I think I use the star, the stocking, the tree and something else which escapes me at the moment. I use the Wilton plastic comfort grip thingys that you can get at Michaels.)

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 4

The only pre-mades I've ever seen are stuff like by Palmer....wrapped in foil...ugh...

I make my own using Baker's white chocolate...just melt it and use a mold or whatever. It's good...better than what I've found pre-made. You can use Ghiardelli too, but it's more expensive.

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 11:07pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the tips, i would need about 800 for the holiday season and was hoping perhaps there was a canadian supplier that makes a shape or something premolded to make things cost effective and less labour intensive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%