Vintage Look

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 7 Nov 2009 , 3:44am by prterrell

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, this is kind of odd, I have several post about this one cake, and i forgot to add this part, The BTB is wanting a cake 4 tiers and her topper is a tree with chrystals hanging off the branches, There getting married under a big Tree, Dont know , and i aint asking, Any way the MOB said she probably wants it kind of plan but a little Vintage, Im trying to visualize this cake. Now heres my thought, would lace instead of ribbon look good around this cake? This might give it sort of a vintage look, since the topper has chrystals on it, , She isnt a fondant person so the cake is going to be BC I can make a Cameo out of fondant to put on one of the cakes probably the bottom one , Help , anyone? Need to get my brain going im meeting with them Sunday
Thanks everyone icon_confused.gif

3 replies
cakelass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelass Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 4

I would definately use the lace as a trim. I just added it to a cake stand for the same request and it did instantly give a vintage feel. Also with the cameo I used the same concept on my cake and that definately made it look old world. I used antique gold on the cake also. I have just added the photo to if you would like to look. HTH.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 4

Sure, I think you can use lace around a cake. You could also use pearls. There are a lot of lace molds you can buy to press fondant into to make beautiful lace borders.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=22161&name=Camille%20Mold%20%20by%20RVO

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 3:44am
post #4 of 4

Vintage makes me think of Lambeth style decorating, which is traditionally done in RI over fondant, but you can replicate a Lambeth-esque look with BC, just won't be as detailed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%