How Do I Create A Teapot Shape For A Cake?

Decorating By Browniemom94 Updated 7 Nov 2009 , 5:24am by KathysCC

Browniemom94 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 8

My daughter is turning nine today. And next weekend I'm throwing her a tea party. A pretty elaborate one, w/ flower pins, feathers, real tea cups, and a tea pot cake.

However I've never made a specialty cake before. I'm a pretty decent baker and I'm extremely crafty so I know I can do it. I just need the know how, I can follow directions to a tea (lol)

Any help would be appreciated. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
msulli10 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 8

You could do a search for a teapot on here and email that person for directions. You can also do a search on the internet - I know I've seen directions on there before.

BCo Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 8

Here is the tutorial I used to make my teapot cake

I made the teacups out of the small mini wondermold pan and just leveled them to all the same size

Good luck- it was a fun cake to make!

Browniemom94 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 8

that is exactly what I was looking for!

BooBooKitty Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 8

Oh how sweet.. Nothing like a good ole Tea Party.. Bturpin your cake is so sweet..

Loucinda Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:58am
post #7 of 8

If you have any questions, just ask - I have made many of them! (I used to bake for the tea house here in our town, and they ordered them alot) They are not hard to do at all.

KathysCC Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 5:24am
post #8 of 8

I made a tea party cake a long time ago. I used the Wilton ball pan for my teapot. Here's the photo...maybe it can help you out:

You might do a search here on CC for tea or teapot and see other photos to give you some ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%