How Do I Make These Butterflies?

Decorating By mommyto2 Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 9:01am by LateBloomer

mommyto2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyto2 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 10

i really love these butterflies and was wondering how to make them i am assuming they are royal icing, but i dont know how to get them so neat and perfect looking
LL

9 replies
motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 10

they could also be white chocolate.

And to get them nice, a template might do the trick.

I havent done them but I HTH

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 10

It looks like the wings are slightly curved- I would do them similarly to an RI tiara- make a template, put wax paper/parchment paper over and tape it to a large can. I'm no expert but that is how I would make them.

VinaBaby75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VinaBaby75 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 10

you must make the drawing, to put to him paper waxed raises. To draw all the lines and to let dry. When dry, make the center with royal icin and to put to him the wings (removing them with taken care of so that they are not broken)
I hope you understand this because I don"t know to much english
Sorry I use the traduction page.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 10

is there a template on here, i worked with royal icing on the crown even with 3 coats parchment paper, and being very careful they still broke these are so delicate it's hard to see but i'm not sure they are toughing enough like the crown has to have alot of support pts. how would you make it in chocolate.

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 3:32pm
post #6 of 10

I have made these types of butterflies using tulle, you can't see it but the royal icing sticks to the tulle and pulls off of your wax paper template alot easier. This leaves you with a great looking butterfly. I hope this makes sense. Carol

dljc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dljc Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 3:33pm
post #7 of 10

Is this picture from cake central? Can you pm?

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:20pm
post #8 of 10

I would PM the maker.

mommyto2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyto2 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 7:55am
post #9 of 10

this is actually my wedding cake it is not a cake from cake central.. sorry i should have mentioned that. what size tip would you recommend me to use for this I dont have many tips I am slowly getting a collection started. hopefully i will get some stuff for christmas and my birthday!

Well ladies thanks for all of you help.

LateBloomer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LateBloomer Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 9:01am
post #10 of 10

I would try unbreakable gel. Its like RI but much stonger. I have not used it myself but I have seen beautiful butterflies made out of it with glitter added.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%