Cupcake Class, Any Ideas?

Decorating By aeheaven Updated 6 Nov 2009 , 4:11pm by auntginn

aeheaven Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 3

I have been asked to teach a short cupcake decorating class for a youth group. There will be 6 - 8 kids (14-18 yrs, girls and boys) and the workshop is for 30 minutes. Four groups like this will rotate through this and other classes.
Anyway, I could really use any good ideas on how to make this fun and help them learn something! What would you do??

Any thoughts will be really appreciated!

Oh, I do have a basic budget, for cakes, frosting, and just a few extras, nothing extravagant!

2 replies
egensinnig Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 3

Basic piped swirl, use candy, sprinkles and glitter for decorations

auntginn Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 3

I used to teach cake decorating to middle school students after school. Lots of fun! Keep it very basic. I did all the prep work before the class. I bought small plastic boxes and equiped them with the necessary items to complete a job. Then just handed it to each student as they came in.

I showed them basic piping including how to write on frosting. Things like piping figures and clowns, a doll cake etc. Eventually I showed them how to make roses and other basic flowers

I can't stress enough, keep it simple! You will be amazed how much they will enjoy it and so will you. If you enjoy being around that age group that is.

HAVE FUN! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%