Covering Cake With Fondant

Decorating By angelaplus4 Updated 6 Nov 2009 , 6:15am by angelaplus4

angelaplus4 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 2:44am
post #1 of 4

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me:

Do I have to thaw my cake completely to room temp. before covering it in fondant?

and

Do I have to store my cake in the fridge after its been frosted (no fillings) with a edible image on it?

Thanks so much for your help.
Angela usaribbon.gif

3 replies
TheBlonde Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 2:48am
post #2 of 4

What kind of frosting? If it's just BC frosting, no...it can stay out. If it cream cheese or something like that, yes. Completely depends on what you're using.

And I do not completely thaw before covering in fondant. I take my cakes out of the freezer the night before, put them in the fridge and then just take them out when I'm ready to level and torte and then cover in fondant from there. Never had a problem.

TheBlonde Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 2:50am
post #3 of 4

What kind of frosting? If it's just BC frosting, no...it can stay out. If it cream cheese or something like that, yes. Completely depends on what you're using.

And I do not completely thaw before covering in fondant. I take my cakes out of the freezer the night before, put them in the fridge and then just take them out when I'm ready to level and torte and then cover in fondant from there. Never had a problem.

angelaplus4 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 6:15am
post #4 of 4

Im using buttercream frosting. Thanks for you help.
icon_biggrin.gif -Angela

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%