Lenette Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 12:38am
post #1 of 8

Hey all!

I am considering listing my website/info on the following websites:

onewed.com
weddingmapper.com
weddingwire.com
merchantcircle.com

What do ya'll think? Do you have any experience with any of these sites?

I am looking at doing free ads across the board at least initially. Thanks for your feedback on this!

7 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:19am
post #2 of 8

I'm on wedding wire. Not a "lot" of referrals, but I do like their forums. Unlike The Knot, you can talk with the brides and answer their questions, give them advice. It helps build a rapport and who knows ... there might be one in your area! I recommend WW. I have booked weddings from WW.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 8

Listing your business as many places as you can cannot hurt. Go for it!

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 1:06am
post #4 of 8

I am listed on all of those "free to put your name here" wedding sites. The ones where you can list your name and contact info in exchange for putting their link on your website. I know that it has brought me a couple of brides at least, just because when they search "Anywhere, USA wedding cake" those sites help put you toward the top.

All it takes is a line of text on my webpage on the side.. But I have only done the free ones so far.

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 8

I have been wondering about how to get listed on those wedding sites. Forgive me for being really stupid but I how DO I get listed. I have looked on the page and can't figure it out. Could you please direct this exhausted lady?!?! icon_wink.gif

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 11:29pm
post #6 of 8

There should be links on the page that says "Vendor Sign up" or "Get listed as a business or vendor" or something along those lines.

On wedding wire. com there is a link in the top right corner that says "Are you a vendor?" That will guide you through.

On weddingmuseum .com there is a link in the top right that says "Register" and then you pick you are a business and not a bride.

On weddingdayusa .com there is a link on the left hand side that says "Vendors-Submit your listing"

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 1:02am
post #7 of 8

Thanks HarleyDee! The other sites, like The Knot, do you have to pay to be listed?

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:48am
post #8 of 8

wedding wire has brought me tons of business- love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%